The RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards are open to organisations of all sizes from across the wide spectrum of industries, all over the world.
Select one of these health and safety awards
Achievement Award or Industry Sector Award
To find out more about each award, click on the titles below.
All industry sector entrants will be considered for this award. Shortlisted finalists will undergo a site visit and invited to an interview.
These competitive awards will recognise the best entrants from each sector
These awards will be judged on each organisations' individual merit and health and safety performance
Specialist Awards (Optional)
Objectives of the RoSPA Awards
The fundamental purposes are:
- To help motivate occupational health and safety performance improvement in organisations by providing a rising scale of targets to aim at (the Merit, Bronze, Silver and Gold achievement awards which form the core of the scheme)
- To provide a means of recognising and celebrating occupational health and safety achievement
- To provide a series of exemplars of good practice, as positive role models for other organisations to learn from and emulate.
The award categories
(Merit, Bronze, Silver and Gold) for assessed level of performance.
Sustained Achievement Awards
Made automatically to organisations as follows:
- Gold Medal (5-9 consecutive Gold Awards)
- President’s Award (10-14 consecutive Gold Awards)
- Order of Distinction (15+ consecutive Gold Awards).
Industry Sector Awards
These awards are competitive i.e. the judging process involves the comparison of entries to identify the best entry received in each industry sector. Additional commendations may be made at the discretion of the Adjudication Panel.
The Sir George Earle Trophy
The premier RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety award is awarded to one of a shortlist of Industry Sector Award winners who are required to receive a site visit and are invited to make a presentation to the RoSPA Adjudication Panel.
- RoSPA International Dilmun Environmental Trophy for the best performance in environmental management in conjunction with a high standard of work-related health and safety management. (Additional submission required)
- The Astor Trophy for corporate management of occupational health (Additional submission required)
- MORR™ Awards for excellence in managing work-related road safety (Additional submission required)
- RoSPA Scotland Trophy for the most outstanding performance from an organisation based in or operating in Scotland
- RoSPA Workforce Involvement in Safety & Health Trophy is presented annually to the entrant that demonstrates the best involvement and contribution of employees towards health and safety management excellence
- RoSPA Academies Safety Award for the most outstanding performance from an Academy School entrant
- Best New Entry Award.
Share this page: