These awards are non-competitive and are based on the organisation's individual occupational health and safety performance assessed against the judging criteria.
Entrants must provide evidence of a good health and safety management system by answering key performance questions and supporting the answers with a concise portfolio of relevant documentation.
Winners receive a framed certificate and are entitled to use the award logo on their organisation's letterhead and website and to fly the RoSPA Awards flag.
Achievement Awards are made at the following levels:
- Gold Medal (5-9 consecutive Gold Awards)
- President's Award (10-14 consecutive Gold Awards)
- Order of Distinction (15+ consecutive Gold Awards)
Entrants will be required to
- Answer Ten Key Performance Questions
- How do your directors and senior managers lead health and safety in your organisation, including identifying priorities, setting key performance indicators and targets, monitoring progress and providing clear and effective leadership at all levels?
- How does your organisation ensure that it has access to competent advice and services, including in relation to occupational health?
- How does your organisation involve the workforce and their representatives in occupational health and safety, and what have been the benefits?
- How does your organisation ensure that all its employees and contractors are competent to fulfil their roles in occupational health and safety?
- How does your organisation use risk assessment to identify appropriate control measures for significant risks to health and safety and ensure that results are integrated effectively into business processes?
- How does your organisation ensure that occupational health and safety information is communicated effectively within and beyond the organisation?
- How does your organisation use active monitoring to measure its safety and health performance?
- How does your organisation ensure that it investigates occupational health and safety problems and implements lessons learned? How does it manage sickness absence?
- How does your organisation review its occupational health and safety performance periodically to assess progress against targets, set new priorities and report to internal and external stakeholders?
- Which of your organisation's RECENT occupational health and safety achievements are you most proud of and why?
- Provide accident, ill health and enforcement data
- Supply cross-referenced/hyperlinked evidence to support your entry
Share this page: