The RoSPA Workforce Involvement in Safety & Health Trophy
Sponsored by Springfields Fuels Ltd, this award is presented annually to the entrant that demonstrates the best involvement and contribution of employees towards health and safety management excellence.
The award comprises:
- The RoSPA WIS&H trophy to be held for one year
- A commemorative plaque to be retained permanently
- Entitlement to use the award logo on corporate stationery and the website.
No additional submission is required - a winner will be selected from Industry Sector Award entrants that demonstrate the best workforce involvement
Employee involvement at operational level
For example; Induction training, information, communications, tool box talks, point of work risk assessments, 'take 2s', suggestions schemes, PPE trials, incident reporting, behavioural observation programmes, climate surveys
For example; Safety representatives (or representatives of employee health and safety) appointed, trained, supported with facilities and time, carrying out inspections and investigations, representing members' concerns
Representatives' involvement in H&S management processes
- Policy development and review
- Planning and implementation
- Risk assessment and review of assessments
- Active monitoring
- Performance review and audit
- Contractor selection and monitoring, awards, 24/7 safety activities etc.
- Joint H&S Committees appointed and functioning
- Objectives and programmes of work
- Specific initiatives
- Strategic decision-making
- New technology and future plans
- Actions closed out and on-going.
Share this page: