RoSPA Driver Training Course Accreditation Scheme
Product Outline (PDF 139kb)
Looking for formal recognition of your driver training courses? Confirmation that you offer the required content to educate and train delegates on the best ways to reduce road risk?
RoSPA can help – the exceptionally popular and much sought-after accreditation scheme offers organisations the opportunity to demonstrate that their courses adhere to an accepted standard.
This scheme offers a professional assessment of driver training courses and lends added credibility. The RoSPA brand is widely-recognised and respected; courses with the RoSPA stamp of approval will undoubtedly be viewed more favourably and may well be the added benefit needed to clinch business in difficult trading times.
There has been a great deal of interest in this scheme not only in the UK but also overseas.
Duration depends upon specific requirements. The accreditation process includes:
- Visit(s) by RoSPA's accreditor to assess the course and trainers in action
- Review of documentary evidence, including course syllabus and training materials
- Interviews with relevant staff
- Findings detailed in an accreditation report which will offer practical advice and recommendations for improvements, and if successful, recommending accreditation
Course accreditation is awarded purely at RoSPA's discretion. Some proposals for course accreditation may not be considered.
Types of Accreditation
Suitable for any courses from classroom workshops through to on-road driver training, in fact any intervention that benefits all road users. Valid for 2 years.
Accreditation with Trainer Certification
Combine the accreditation visit with the National Diploma in Advanced Driving Instruction to certify trainers and automatically extend the validation period to 3 years (suitable for Oil Industry quality assurance)
Accreditation with Trainer Certification - Plus
Suitable for larger organisations that have the ability to deliver their products 'in house' in addition to 'in company'. The auditor will look at the delivery of training, the certification of trainers as well as the facilities and administration that provides a quality training experience for the end user. Suitable organisations may be offered the opportunity to provide training directly to RoSPA clients. Valid for 3 years (suitable for the provision of high speed driver training within the UK)
Accreditation (not for profit)
A 'not for profit' accreditation for suitable organisations is also available except for 'Accreditation with Trainer Certification - Plus'.
Benefits of accreditation
- An impartial and independent quality assurance
- Increased credibility with customers, the public and staff
- Offers a valuable 'stamp of approval'
- Demonstrate your achievement with an accreditation certificate
- Use of 'Accredited by RoSPA' logo
- Use of the following wording in advertising and promotions: 'Accredited by RoSPA Driver and Fleet Solutions'
Duration: Depends on requirements
Location: Clients premises
Dates: Please call to agree dates
Prices: Call for details
For all Driver Training Enquiries telephone: +44 (0)121 248 2233 or email: email@example.com
Share this page: