Defensive Driving - The Original Driver Development Course
Previously known as the Defensive Driving Course, this is our most popular course and varies from delegate to delegate as the trainers will tailor the course to suit the development needs of each and every driver. Drivers will be taught a systematic approach to hazards and defensive driving techniques to minimise risk in the driving environment. The principles will then be applied to the three main driving environments – town, country and motorway.
- Group discussion covering contributory causes of accidents
- Practical coaching session covering the application of defensive driving principles
- Licence check and vehicle check
- Demonstration drive and individual driving assessments with coaching and advice
- Validation of learning points and key areas for improvement, and a qualified performance report
- Observation skills
- Anticipation of potential hazards
- This course accounts for 7 hours of certified CPC training
At the end of the session, the delegate and manager will have access to an in-vehicle training report, which will detail areas for improvement and indicate the level of risk the driver is currently performing at.
Who should attend?
Anyone who drives for work. This course is available in all vehicle types.
This course is now available as a Driver CPC option.
You must inform us prior to booking if you want this option. Driver licence details will be required in advance.
How to book / Find out more
Contact us by email or phone
Talk to an adviser online
Email this page to a colleague
Note: Prices exclude VAT.
||Call for prices
Call for prices
Also available to download: Original Driver Development Course - Defensive Driving (PDF 101kb)
This course has been designed to assist drivers in developing a positive driving attitude, to develop a correct and systematic approach to minimising risk in the driving environment, and to promote understanding of the principles of defensive driving.
On completion of this course, delegates should:
- Understand how personal factors can affect performance
- Understand the principles of defensive driving
- Develop a risk assessment approach to driving hazards
- Develop new skills and enhance existing ones
- Reduce their crash risk
Who should attend?
The course is aimed at anyone who drives for work purposes.
All delegates should be familiar with the latest edition of the Highway Code.
This course is available in a range of vehicle types.
It runs on a 2:1 delegate to trainer ratio (may vary depending on vehicle type).
The course is now available as a Driver CPC option.
Benefits to client
As well as ensuring the safety of the employees who drive for work, the client should notice:
- Fewer and lower accident repair costs
- Less down-time due to maintenance, repairs and injuries
- More reliable vehicle scheduling
- Savings on fuel, tyres and spares
- Enhanced company image
This course is Driver CPC approved and accounts for 7 hours.
You might also be interested in the following courses:
For all Driver Training enquiries:
Telephone: +44 (0)121 248 2233
Become a RoSPA Member
As a RoSPA Member you will pay Member Prices for courses and enjoy a range of other benefits including:
Find out more about RoSPA Membership
- 15% discount off Stocksigns safety signs
- Free telephone consultancy
- Half price advertising in all RoSPA Journals
- Subscription to one or more RoSPA Journals
- The RoSPA Infocentre
- The exclusive RoSPA Member Zone
- RoSPA member logo* and membership certificate
- Corporate membership
Please note: All sales calls are recorded for quality and training purposes.
Share this page: