CPC Road Haulage Course
Under current EU law bus, coach and large goods vehicle operators seeking an 'O' licence must show that they are professionally competent or employ someone as a transport manager who meets that requirement.
In this context, only an individual person can be professionally competent and to become this, the person must pass the CPC examinations set by the Oxford, Cambridge and Royal Society of Arts, Examinations Board (OCR).
Module 1 syllabus
- Structure of law, business and company law
- Social legislation, financial management techniques
- Commercial conduct of business, general insurance
- Vehicle maintenance
Module 2 syllabus
- General traffic regulations, vehicle taxation
- Marketing, commercial conduct of business
- Methods of operating, operator licensing
- Weights and dimensions of vehicle, vehicle selection
- Safety of loads, mechanical condition
- Drivers hours and records, vocational driving licences
- Speed limits, traffic accident procedure
- Vehicle and goods insurance
Module 4 syllabus
Consists of a case study taken from the syllabus in Modules 1 and 2.The International Freight Syllabus consists of Module 6 which includes a case study.
Module 6 syllabus
Note: Further dates will be added later in the year.
How to book / Find out more
Contact us by email or phone
Talk to an adviser online
Email this page to a colleague
Note: Prices exclude VAT.
Also available to download: CPC Road Haulage Course (PDF 27kb)
This course aims to enable delegates to become professionally competent and gain an Operator’s Licence (O-Licence).
On completion of this course delegates should have successfully completed all three modules of the OCR examination:
- Module 1: Law, business and finance
- Module 2: Traffic regulations, safety loads, driver hours, etc.
- Module 4: Case study
- Module 6: International Haulage
Who should attend?
Fleet managers and owner-operators wishing to gain an O-Licence.
Delegates should have knowledge of the industry.
Ongoing home study will be required throughout the duration of the course.
These courses are run four times yearly based on the examination dates set by the OCR Examination Board.
Benefits to client
This course will enable delegates to gain a formal qualification allowing them to work within the industry.
You might also be interested in the following courses/products:
For all Driver Training enquiries:
Telephone: +44 (0)121 248 2233
Become a RoSPA Member
As a RoSPA Member you will pay Member Prices for courses and enjoy a range of other benefits including:
Find out more about RoSPA Membership
- 15% discount off Stocksigns safety signs
- Free telephone consultancy
- Half price advertising in all RoSPA Journals
- Subscription to one or more RoSPA Journals
- The RoSPA Infocentre
- The exclusive RoSPA Member Zone
- RoSPA member logo* and membership certificate
- Corporate membership
Please note: All sales calls are recorded for quality and training purposes.
Share this page: