Banksman Train the Trainer Course
This new corporate course is a cost-effective alternative for organisations wishing to train a sizeable number of employees.
- Overview of the principles of effective training
- HSE and Road Transport Industry Training Board recommended code of signals
- Monitoring and assessing the performance of banksmen
- Risk assessing and reporting skills
- Presentation and teaching skills
What are the benefits?
- Successful delegates will be able to :
- Educate others in the dangers of practical reversing techniques and hand signals to reduce risks
- Demonstrate HSE and Road Transport Industry Training Board recommended code of signals
- Guide large good vehicles both rigid and articulated using the above code of signals
Who should attend?
Experienced company trainers who are required to educate colleagues in banksman procedures.
How to book / Find out more
Contact us by email or phone
Talk to an adviser online
Email this page to a colleague
Note: Prices exclude VAT.
||Call for prices
Call for prices
Also available to download: Banksman Train the Trainer Course (PDF 77kb)
This course aims to give delegates the knowledge and skills to educate colleagues in banksman skills and procedures.
By the end of the course, delegates should be able to:
- Teach others of the dangers of reversing
- Train others in practical techniques and hand signals to reduce risks
- Identify areas of danger around the site and offer recommendations for improvement
- Demonstrate HSE’s recommended code of signals
- Guide large goods vehicles (rigid and articulated) using the above code of signals
- Risk assess and report
- Present and teach skills to delegates
Who should attend?
Experienced members of staff who are required to train colleagues in banksman procedures.
General knowledge of banksman signals is beneficial but not essential.
Delegates should wear suitable clothing, bearing in mind that the practical aspects of the course will be outdoors.
An LGV is essential. To get the best out of the training, organisations are encouraged to supply an additional driver for the practical elements of the course.
Training takes place on a 3:1 delegate to trainer ratio.
Benefits to client
Delegates will gain the knowledge and ability to teach banksman skills in-house, saving your organisation time and money on future training.
You might also be interested in the following courses:
For all Driver Training enquiries:
Telephone: +44 (0)121 248 2233
Become a RoSPA Member
As a RoSPA Member you will pay Member Prices for courses and enjoy a range of other benefits including:
Find out more about RoSPA Membership
- 15% discount off Stocksigns safety signs
- Free telephone consultancy
- Half price advertising in all RoSPA Journals
- Subscription to one or more RoSPA Journals
- The RoSPA Infocentre
- The exclusive RoSPA Member Zone
- RoSPA member logo* and membership certificate
- Corporate membership
Please note: All sales calls are recorded for quality and training purposes.
Share this page: