The RoSPA National Minibus Test
Every minibus driver should consider taking the RoSPA National Minibus Test. Not only will they have the satisfaction of knowing that they have achieved the RoSPA high standard, but their organisation and the passengers for whom they accept responsibility will be confident and comfortable knowing that they are properly qualified.
What is involved?
A thorough assessment of minibus driving skills and advice to improve driver competence. By the end of the test delegates should have demonstrated:
- Correct use of controls – steering wheel, clutch, gearbox, brakes, accelerator, horn, etc.
- The ‘System’ of advanced driving – mirrors will play an important part in this
- A good driving performance – moving off and stopping, road position, cornering, obeying speed limit, overtaking, signals, etc
- A good general ability – alertness, consideration of other road users, hazard perception, judgement of distances, etc
- A good knowledge of the theory behind driving through the completion of a shirt multiple choice test on the Highway Code, basic maintenance checks and drivers’ responsibilities
What are the benefits?
- A successful delegate will receive a RoSPA permit to drive
- Delegates will be re-tested every three years ensuring driving standards and competence is maintained
Who should attend?
Anybody who drives a minibus for work purposes
Duration: 60 minutes
How to book / Find out more
Contact us by email or phone
Talk to an adviser online
Email this page to a colleague
Note: Prices exclude VAT.
||Call for prices
Call for prices
Also available to download: The RoSPA National Minibus Test (PDF 77kb)
Aims and objectives
The test aims to formally assess the competence of a minibus driver to RoSPA’s high standards, making passengers feel more comfortable and confident in the driver’s ability.
During the test delegates should have demonstrated:
- Correct use of controls
- ‘The System’ of advanced driving
- A good driving performance
- A good general ability
- A good knowledge of the theory behind driving (short test on The Highway Code, basic maintenance, and drivers’ responsibilities)
Who should attend?
Anyone who drives a minibus for work purposes.
It is unlikely that a delegate will pass without a good knowledge of the RoSPA publication ‘Essential Minibus Driving’, the latest edition of ‘The Highway Code’, and ‘Roadcraft’.
It is doubtful that a delegate will pass this test without proper training and practise.
There will be a pre-drive roadworthiness check of the vehicle, so delegates should ensure that it is maintained in good working order.
Benefits to client
A successful delegate will receive a RoSPA permit to drive, which will be valid for three years after which time a re-test will be due.
You might also be interested in the following courses:
For all Driver Training enquiries:
Telephone: +44 (0)121 248 2233
Become a RoSPA Member
As a RoSPA Member you will pay Member Prices for courses and enjoy a range of other benefits including:
Find out more about RoSPA Membership
- 15% discount off Stocksigns safety signs
- Free telephone consultancy
- Half price advertising in all RoSPA Journals
- Subscription to one or more RoSPA Journals
- The RoSPA Infocentre
- The exclusive RoSPA Member Zone
- RoSPA member logo* and membership certificate
- Corporate membership
Please note: All sales calls are recorded for quality and training purposes.
Share this page: