Banksman Assessors Course
This course teaches the necessary skills required to assess and supervise the techniques of other banksman employees.
- Identification of areas of danger within the site
- Promotion of safe site practices
- HSE and Road Transport Industry Training Board recommended code of signals
- Monitoring and assessing the performance of other banksmen
- Managing remedial training
What are the benefits?
Delegates will learn the core coaching skills needed to supervise and assess banksman techniques.
Who should attend?
Depot supervisors with a banksman training role.
How to book / Find out more
Contact us by email or phone
Talk to an adviser online
Email this page to a colleague
Note: Prices exclude VAT.
||Call for prices
Call for prices
Also available to download: Banksman Assessors Course (PDF 77kb)
This course aims to raise awareness of the dangers caused when large vehicles reverse, and introduces practical techniques and hand signals to assist drivers with this manoeuvre. Delegates will also be trained in the necessary skills to assist other drivers and banksmen.
By the end of the course, delegates should be able to:
- Ensure the safe passage of reversing vehicles in confined spaces
- Identify areas of danger within the site
- Demonstrate HSE’s recommended code of signals
- Guide large goods vehicles, both rigid and articulated, using the above code of signals to HSE Guide Notes HSG136 standard
- Delegates will be equipped with the necessary assessing skills
Who should attend?
Depot supervisors with a banksman supervisor role.
All delegates should be familiar with the latest edition of The Highway Code.
Delegates should wear suitable clothing, bearing in mind that the practical aspects of this course will be taught outdoors.
This course runs on a 3:1 delegate to trainer ratio.
Benefits to client
- Ensures the organisation meets the legal requirements when reversing a vehicle
- Reduce the number and/or cost of accidents caused by reversing vehicles
You might also be interested in the following courses:
For all Driver Training enquiries:
Telephone: +44 (0)121 248 2233
Become a RoSPA Member
As a RoSPA Member you will pay Member Prices for courses and enjoy a range of other benefits including:
Find out more about RoSPA Membership
- 15% discount off Stocksigns safety signs
- Free telephone consultancy
- Half price advertising in all RoSPA Journals
- Subscription to one or more RoSPA Journals
- The RoSPA Infocentre
- The exclusive RoSPA Member Zone
- RoSPA member logo* and membership certificate
- Corporate membership
Please note: All sales calls are recorded for quality and training purposes.
Share this page: