National Diploma in Advanced LGV Driving Instruction
As the fleet training industry becomes ever more discerning in its quest for quality driving instructors, the initial Approved Driving Instructor (ADI) qualification is only the start of the learning process. RoSPA’s National Diploma allows instructors to reach their full potential.
To be eligible to attend this course you should have an in-depth knowledge of:
- Highway Code
- Instructional theory
You will also have demonstrated a high driving standard (RoSPA Gold, Silver or equivalent).
- Development of effective classroom management skills
- Facilitators and barriers to learning
- Demonstration of ability to give instructional commentary on all types of road and environment
- Methods of providing remedial help and advice and monitoring the effectiveness of interventions
- Proving instructional ability through theory, practical and classroom examinations
What are the benefits?
- The course will provide delegates with the core skills necessary to demonstrate advanced driving techniques and methods of instruction.
Who should attend?
- Anyone looking for a new career in advanced driver training
- Anyone looking to improve their training skills to be better equipped for delivering advanced training in both the classroom and in-vehicle.
Please Note: In order to train for money or monies worth, individuals may need to be registered with the DSA as an Approved Driving Instructor (ADI).
How to book / Find out more
Contact us by email or phone
Talk to an adviser online
Email this page to a colleague
Note: Prices exclude VAT.
||Call for prices
Call for prices
Also available to download: National Diploma in Advanced LGV Driving Instruction (PDF 93kb)
The course aims to provide delegates with the core skills necessary to demonstrate advanced driving techniques and methods of instruction.
By the end of the course delegates should be able to:
- Demonstrate effective classroom management techniques, teaching aids and presentation skills
- Explain facilitators and barriers to learning
- Demonstrate ability to give instructional commentary on all types of road and environment
- Suggest methods of providing remedial help and advice, and monitoring the effectiveness of interventions
- Prove their instructional ability through theory, practical and classroom examinations
Who should attend?
Those who provide training to prepare other LGV drivers for an advanced test or for advanced driving generally.
Those who wish to develop their ability to train to an advanced level both in the classroom and in-vehicle within the fleet industry.
A detailed knowledge of Roadcraft and The Highway Code is essential. An awareness of the instructional techniques in the DSA Driving Instructor Manual would be helpful. An outline knowledge of LGV mechanics, similar to that gained from an owners’ manual, is necessary.
Delegates must have achieved a Gold or Silver grade in the RoSPA Advanced LGV Driving Test, or equivalent qualification.
Customers are expected to provide their own LGV vehicles.
Benefits to client
You might also be interested in the following courses:
For all Driver Training enquiries:
Telephone: +44 (0)121 248 2233
Become a RoSPA Member
As a RoSPA Member you will pay Member Prices for courses and enjoy a range of other benefits including:
Find out more about RoSPA Membership
- 15% discount off Stocksigns safety signs
- Free telephone consultancy
- Half price advertising in all RoSPA Journals
- Subscription to one or more RoSPA Journals
- The RoSPA Infocentre
- The exclusive RoSPA Member Zone
- RoSPA member logo* and membership certificate
- Corporate membership
Please note: All sales calls are recorded for quality and training purposes.
Share this page: