RoSPA Road Safety Conference
The 2014 Road Safety Conference took place towards the end of February in Birmingham, attracting over 80 attendees with responsibility for or an interest in road and cycle safety.
The conference programme addressed the challenges associated with increased participation in cycling. It looked at new and existing ways to encourage cycling but at the same time keep injuries down, considering how to make roads, behaviours and environments safer.
Speakers from CTC, the national cycling charity, SWOV Institute for Road Safety Research, Loughborough University Design Ergonomics Group, Transport for London, Sustrans, Leicestershire County Council, City of York Council and NICE Programme Delivery Group on Guidance on Walking and Cycling addressed the following subjects:
- The public health perspective on the impacts of cycling
- Local authority cycling planning
- Protecting vulnerable road users
- Sustainable safety
- Improvements to drivers' field of view using digital modelling techniques
- Promoting cycling
- Travel plans
- The role of cyclist training
The conference is due to take place around February/March 2015. The venue and location will be confirmed shortly and the theme will be announced later in the year, followed by the release of the programme.
The conference will address a key road safety theme and will again be of interest to those with responsibility for or an interest in road safety. The programme will provide vital updates, key insights and excellent networking opportunities.
Register your interest now and we'll send you more information as soon as it's available.
The full programme will be published towards the end of 2014.
Register your interest now and we'll send you more information as we start to develop the programme.
The 2015 venue and location will be confirmed shortly. Register your interest now and we'll send more information shortly.
Who should attend?
The conference will be of interest to road safety professionals, researchers, policy makers, and stakeholders with an interest in road safety, including:
- Road safety managers
- Road safety partnerships
- Road safety and accident prevention officers
- Public health practitioners
- Communications officers
- Fire service
- Police officers
- Armed forces
- Highway safety engineers
- Teaching organisations
- Driver trainers
- Elected members (councillors)
- Special interest groups
- Educational professionals
- Voluntary organisations
- Occupational health and safety advisers
- Motoring organisations
- Cycling organisations
Sponsor and exhibit
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents has been at the heart of accident prevention in the UK and around the world for more than 90 years. We can help you:
- Increase brand awareness
- Generate high-quality sales leads
- Meet new decision-making contacts
- Network with leading industry professionals
- Launch new products and services
- Demonstrate your products and services face to face
- Associate your organisation with cutting-edge event content
- Work directly with RoSPA, an established and trusted health and safety brand
- Demonstrate your high level of health and safety commitment to key decision makers
- Contribute to RoSPA's charitable mission to 'save lives and reduce injuries'
For information about sponsoring or exhibiting at the 2015 Road Safety Conference, please contact Charlotte Siviter, Events Project Manager on +44(0) 121 248 2059 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share this page: