QSA Approved Auditor course
A good health and safety record is a competitive advantage and a reflection of management strength. By auditing current performance, informed decisions can be made, actions prioritised and resources allocated. Furthermore, regular reviews of safety performance will lead to a culture of continuous improvement.
RoSPA’s renowned Quality Safety Audit (QSA) portfolio includes a safety training course and software package for organisations wishing to have their own in-house "competent auditor" who works to RoSPA’s high standards.
Who should attend?
This occupational safety training course is suitable for professionals in a position to perform an audit of their organisation’s health and safety management systems.
What are the learning outcomes?
- An understanding of the required skills and practices of effective safety auditing
- Delegates are trained on a specific and respected auditing system, as well as auditing principles in use at hundreds of premises, allowing clients to benchmark against other similar clients
- RoSPA's QSA system is provided in workbook and software format (six-month licence) to assist implementation in organisations
- Delegates submit a "live" audit, which is moderated free of charge by the RoSPA tutor
- Delegates become RoSPA-Approved QSA Auditors for their organisation.
- Working through HSG65, BS8800 and OHSAS 180001
- Principles of auditing
- Carrying out an audit case study.
How to book / Find out more
Contact us by email or phone
Talk to an adviser online
Email this page to a colleague
Note: Prices exclude VAT.
||Call for prices
Call for prices
Also available to download: QSA Approved Auditor course (PDF 83kb)
This course aims to impart a knowledge and understanding of HSG65 and provide delegates with experience of auditing safety management systems.
On completion of the course delegates should have developed competence in the implementation of the QSA system in line with HSG65 and BS8800. Auditors will in general follow the practices identified in "Guide to Quality Systems Auditing" BS7229:1991.
Who should attend?
This course is intended for those with some knowledge or previous training, who will be in a position to carry out an audit of their organisation’s safety management systems and wish to learn the skills and practices of effective safety auditing through the use of the QSA workbook.
Delegates should have an understanding of the formulation and development of management systems in relation to policy, organising, planning, implementing, measuring performance and review.
In order to prepare for the course delegates are strongly advised to familiarise themselves with the HSE guidance document HSG65 "Successful Health and Safety Management".
In order to attain RoSPA Approved Quality Auditor status these delegates must submit an audit of their organisation to RoSPA, ideally within six months of attending the course. This audit submission will be moderated and if approved delegates will be entered on a register of Approved QSA Auditors and their organisation will be registered as a QSA company.
- Working through HSG65 and BS8800
- Principles of auditing
- Carrying out an audit of a fictitious company
- Presentation of audit findings at closing meeting
Those who successfully complete the course including the written exam will be awarded a RoSPA Certificate of Training.
Call: +44 (0)121 248 2233 (Birmingham) +44 (0)131 449 9378 (Edinburgh) Email: email@example.com
About RoSPA’s Training Services...
As the leading voice in health and safety, and the longest-running safety organisation in the UK, RoSPA has used its vast experience to develop its range of training courses and delivery methods.
- Why choose RoSPA?
- Selecting the right course for you
- Professional Development
Safety professionals on the route to CMIOSH status cannot do better than to study and further their career with RoSPA.
- Core Criteria
RoSPA has worked with key organisations to establish a set of core criteria which will be widely recognised as a benchmark of achievement in health and safety.
- Trainers & Facilities
RoSPA’s clients are very loyal – returning time and time again for training and consultancy services. This is hardly surprising considering the high calibre of RoSPA’s trainers and facilities.
Find out more about our training services»
Become a RoSPA Member
As a RoSPA Member you will pay Member Prices for courses and enjoy a range of other benefits including:
Find out more about RoSPA Membership
- 15% discount off Stocksigns safety signs
- Free telephone consultancy
- Half price advertising in all RoSPA Journals
- Subscription to one or more RoSPA Journals
- The RoSPA Infocentre
- The exclusive RoSPA Member Zone
- RoSPA member logo* and membership certificate
- Corporate membership
Please note: All sales calls are recorded for quality and training purposes.
Share this page: