The RoSPA International Health and Safety Excellence Forum is a unique opportunity for you to make valuable new contacts from the region, receive guidance from RoSPA award winners and meet senior members of the RoSPA team.
Join us for refreshments and networking
Errol Taylor, Chief Executive, RoSPA
09:45 Workplace Health and Safety in the UAE; a legal perspective
James McMillan, Senior Associate, Al Tamini
- UAE Legislation at Federal, Dubai and Abu Dhabi levels
- Self-regulating entities
- Liability including criminal sanctions, compensation (civil or fixed), administrative sanctions and contractual claims.
10:15 Meeting the Occupational Health and Safety Challenge
Dr Karen McDonnell, RoSPA OHS Policy Adviser and IOSH past president
- OSH policy and the reach
- Start preparing for migration from OHSAS 18001 to ISO 45001
- Increasing efficiency and reducing operational costs through good H&S
10:35 Support for your OSH and Fleet challenges
Nathan Davies, Head of Consultancy, RoSPA
- Improving Driver behaviour via education to end users
- Delivery of Training in a pyramid motion
- Reducing organisational fleet costs by improving driver ability
- Be a world leader in delivering road safety education to your fleet
11:00 RoSPA Awards: Recognising and Rewarding Excellence
Matt Cryer, Awards Standards Manager, RoSPA
- What good looks like
- Award categories
11:25 Refreshment break
11:35 PDO’s Focused Road Safety Journey 2014-2020
Hamed Abdullah Al-Esry, Head Corporate Road Safety (MSE/7) and Kamil Al Dhamri, Corporate Road Safety Advisor
11:55 OSH Excellence: What’s going well?
- Eugene Mayne, Group Chief Executive, Tristar
- Mohammad Balawneh, Assistant Manager - Health and Safety, Higher Colleges Technology
12:55 Closing remarks
13:00 Networking lunch
The RoSPA Health and Safety Excellence forum will take place at the Walforf Astoria Dubai Financial Centre.
Getting to the event
Travel by air and road
Distance from Airport: 12.2 km
Drive Time: 15 min
Take E11 (Sheikh Rashid Rd), follow signs for E11/Jebel Ali/Abu Dhabi, take exit 50B onto D71 E/Financial Center /Dubai Mall/Burj Khalifa, turn left onto 312th Rd (signs for D921/Za'abeel/Trade Centre)
For further travel information please visit this website.
Who Should Attend?
RoSPA award winners and other organisations are eligible to participate. Please contact email@example.com
for more information.
The forum is free of charge. To book your place, please click on the link below.
If you have any further questions, please contact the events team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Book your place