IOSH Refresher Course
Keep your knowledge and skills up to date with our IOSH Managing Safely Refresher course!
Health and safety legislation and best practice change on a regular basis. If you've successfully completed IOSH Managing Safely, our refresher course will ensure you stay current and help you meet your statutory obligations.
- Our one-day IOSH Refresher course runs in Birmingham or Edinburgh
- Pre-requisite: delegates must have achieved the IOSH Managing Safely certificate within the last three years
- The course covers updates in legislation, reinforcement of key messages, plus extra topics
- The IOSH Refresher offers awareness, knowledge and skills beyond those covered in the standard IOSH Managing Safely course
- It is assessed via short answer questions (there is no practical assessment for the IOSH Refresher course)
- IOSH Managing Safely Refresher certification is valid for three years
- Price includes a workbook and course materials, lunch and refreshments
Discounts are available for RoSPA Members.
The IOSH Refresher course includes the following topics:
- Revisiting managing safely
- Reactive monitoring
- Risk assessment and risk control
- Health and safety legislation
- Common hazards
- Active monitoring
- Safety management systems
- Measuring performance
- Integrating environmental management.
The course is assessed by means of short answer questions. There is no practical assessment for the IOSH Managing Safely Refresher course. Successful candidates are awarded an IOSH Refresher certificate, valid for three years.
All prices are subject to VAT.
- For almost 100 years RoSPA has been an instrumental force in every piece of UK safety legislation, so our knowledge goes above and beyond the course curriculum
- Our experience developing health and safety training courses means we know just what businesses need from health and safety training
- We offer practical, expert tuition from professional CMIOSH qualified tutors
- Our delegates leave our training able to put their knowledge into practice immediately on return to the workplace
- RoSPA supports candidates throughout their health and safety careers: we also offer a suite of professional NEBOSH courses
- If delegates haven't met the prerequisite for the IOSH Refresher, we offer an IOSH Online course as well as a traditional classroom-based IOSH Managing Safely course
- RoSPA delegates have access to our Infocentre, a huge library of health and safety resources.
If you're an employer looking to make sure that the IOSH Refresher course delivers a return on your investment, or an employee seeking to make a business case for the safety training budget then look no further: we've outlined the key reasons why this IOSH Managing Safely Refresher certificate is good for business.
- The IOSH Refresher course is a cost-effective way to keep your IOSH Managing Safely Certification up to date
- Retaking the standard IOSH Managing Safely training is much more expensive and time consuming
- The IOSH Refresher course will ensure that you keep up with ever-changing health and safety legislation and best practice
- It enables managers and supervisors to meet - and exceed - their statutory obligations
- Your business will make a positive contribution to an ongoing safety culture and programme
- Build employee confidence in the safest standards of the working environment
- Build stakeholder confidence in health and safety best practice
- Ensure employee compliance with health and safety policies as well as legal requirements
- Think you can't afford safety training? Then you certainly can't afford an accident.
More and more organisations are now using an in-house approach to deliver training to their colleagues. RoSPA is one of the UK's main providers of in-company safety training and can deliver existing courses, adapt a course to meet your requirements or create a course specifically for you.
RoSPA can even carry out a training needs analysis and map out exactly what training your staff need at all levels within the business. You can view our full range of In-company Training courses by looking at our In-company Training page.
You may also be interested in: