IOSH Health & Safety For Work Placement Personnel
Are you responsible for safe work experience placements?
Our IOSH Health & Safety For Work Placement Personnel course gives you all the skills you need to assess an organisation's suitability for work experience placements.
Work Experience Organisers - RoSPA Young Workers
- This two-day course has no pre-requisites, but previous experience managing work placements would be an advantage
- Suitable for those working in the education sector, education business partnerships and organisations involved in arranging, monitoring and administrating work placements
- The course teaches delegates to communicate effectively with employers providing work experience opportunities
- Delegates will be able to ensure that organisations fulfil their health and safety responsibilities to students on work experience
- IOSH Work Placement Assessors courses are available in Birmingham, Edinburgh and London
- The fee includes tuition, assessments, lunch and refreshments
- The assessment comprises a 45-minute multiformat question paper, and a workplace-based practical assessment
- Successful candidates receive an IOSH certificate.
Discounts are available for RoSPA Members.
- Managing health and safety on work placements
- Key principles of health and safety law
- Relevant legislation
- Introduction to work placement health and safety assessments
- Loss causation theory
- Common work placement hazards and controls
- Monitoring and review
- Theory and practical assessment.
The assessment comprises a 45-minute multiformat question paper followed by a practical work placement assessment covering hazard identification and recommendations for action. The practical assessment takes place in the delegate's workplace, and must be completed within two weeks of finishing the course.
Successful delegates will receive a nationally-recognised IOSH Work Placement Assessors certificate.
||Call for dates
All prices are subject to VAT.
- For almost 100 years RoSPA has remained an instrumental force in every piece of UK safety legislation
- As a safety charity, we work closely with schools and colleges, and those who work with children, so we understand the unique requirements of this sector
- We continue to set the standard in training the next generation of health and safety professionals
- Discounts are available for RoSPA members
- Venues across the UK mean there's easy access to our IOSH courses wherever you are
- We support those seeking a career in health and safety, offering an introduction to health and safety for beginners and the NEBOSH Certificate for those wanting to progress
- RoSPA offers a suite of IOSH courses, including an IOSH online course for those who can't afford time away from work
- We also offer a range of NEBOSH courses, including the NEBOSH Certificate distance learning course
- Practically-based expert tuition from our professional CMIOSH-qualified trainers, many of whom hold a City & Guilds teaching qualification
- We are committed to continuous improvement, holding BS EN ISO9001:2000 certification in our training operation
The IOSH Work Placement Assessors course allows organisations to cut their costs without cutting corners or compromising on safety. If you need to make a business case for safety training, we've outlined the key reasons why this occupational safety course is good for business.
- If you think you can't afford safety training, you certainly can't afford an accident
- This course teaches transferable skills, including effective communication skills that can be applied throughout all areas of a delegate's work
- It will enable work placement organisations to meet their statutory requirements and provide a high-quality, safe work experience for students – and this is relevant to delegates' own businesses too
- Delegates will be able to use their knowledge and skills to build links and relationships with local businesses
- With only two days out of the office, this is a cost-effective way to ensure organisations fulfil their health and safety responsibilities
- Qualified safety professionals are an asset to their organisations, reducing costs by preventing accidents and ill health of employees, without incurring unnecessary expense by over-reacting to trivial risks
- Employees will gain a nationally-recognised and respected certificate of training
- Designed and quality-controlled by the Chartered body for health and safety professionals
- The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) is the largest health and safety organisation in the world, and is the only Chartered body for health and safety professionals
- Build employee confidence in the safest standards of the working environment
- Build stakeholder confidence in health and safety best practice
- Ensure employee compliance with health and safety policies as well as legal requirements.
More and more organisations are now using an in-house approach to deliver training to their colleagues. RoSPA is one of the UK's main providers of in-company safety training and can deliver existing courses, adapt a course to meet your requirements or create a course specifically for you.
RoSPA can even carry out a training needs analysis and map out exactly what training your staff need at all levels within the business. You can view our full range of In-company Training courses by looking at our In-company Training page.
You may also be interested in: