Power Press Tool Setters
The training you need to guard against injury, and meet legal duties.
Power presses have always been considered to be high-risk machines and it is essential that they are properly inspected, tested and maintained to keep operators safe from serious injury. Accident data shows that poor maintenance was at the root of about 40 per cent of incidents involving mechanical presses.
It is a statutory requirement that power presses are examined and tested by a "competent person", before they are put into use for the first time and then every six or twelve months depending on the types of guard fitted. Machine users also have a legal duty to carry out an inspection and test of the safety devices every day the press is used to ensure that it is safe to use.
- Delegates will be able to fully understand and adhere to the legal standards when using Power Press machines
- Provides knowledge and understanding of power press mechanisms and safety devices as well as understanding causes of accidents and the preventative measures that need to be taken
- This Power Press Safety course is delivered in our training workshop and can also be delivered at your own organisation.
Also available to download: Power Press Tool Setters
Discounts are available for RoSPA Members.
- Power press mechanisms and safety devices
- Safety in press brakes
- Accident causes and preventative measures
- Legal requirements
- Work of the tool setter
- Tool design and its influence on safety
- Individual practical instruction.
To train delegates in accordance with the Schedule of Training in the Regulations (a specific legal requirement for those undertaking the adjustment and inspection of power press safety devices).
Who should attend?
This power press safety training course is intended for power press tool setters and other personnel requiring training under the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998.
Delegates should have practical experience of using power press equipment before attending this course.
Outcome after course
All delegates successfully completing the course in full will be awarded a RoSPA Certificate of Training.
All prices are subject to VAT.
Having your own trained power press tool setter has a host of business benefits.
- Delegates will understand the legal standards required for the use of these machines and be able to adhere to the standards
- The person trained will be able to help reduce the number of potential accidents when employees are using these machines
- A greater understanding of how these machines work and what safety devices need to be used.
More and more organisations are now using an in-house approach to deliver training to their colleagues. RoSPA is one of the UK's main providers of in-company safety training and can deliver existing courses, adapt a course to meet your requirements or create a course specifically for you.
RoSPA can even carry out a training needs analysis and map out exactly what training your staff need at all levels within the business. You can view our full range of In-company Training courses by looking at our In-company Training page.
You may also be interested in: