Train your staff to carry out DSE assessments.
Display screen equipment (DSE) assessments are not only a legal requirement - done correctly they can actually help with combating musculoskeletal disorders, reduced concentration levels and other ill-health effects that are symptomatic of time spent at poorly-designed workstations.
This one day DSE course incorporates the use of tablets, notebooks, laptops and mobile phones.
- The DSE assessor training course provides delegates with an understanding of the legal framework and underpinning of ergonomic principles of DSE including smart phones, laptops and tablets
- DSE training is ideal for anyone with line management responsibilities, those who have been appointed as DSE assessors and those involved in delivering new staff inductions
- The price includes all training materials, lunch and refreshments
- DSE training takes place in Birmingham and Edinburgh – it is also available as an in-company option
- Successful delegates receive a RoSPA certificate of training.
- It is aimed at anyone with line management responsibilities, those who have been appointed as DSE Assessors and those involved in delivering new staff inductions.
Also available to download: Display Screen Equipment
Discounts are available for RoSPA Members.
This course has been designed to introduce delegates to the application of workplace DSE assessment, selection of equipment and integration of ergonomic principles into the design of the workplace area. Your organisation will be able to ensure compliance with the relevant HSE guidance notes and to reduce the risk of associated ill-health effects.
On completion of this course delegates will understand:
- How to carry out DSE assessments in the workplace
- The extent of the ill-health effects from poorly-designed tasks and workstations
- The legal requirements and guidelines relevant to their role as an assessor
- Posture and efficient movement principles, including task, environment and equipment.
- Liabilities and law
- The Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations
- Ill-health effects
- Posture and efficient movement principles
- Ergonomic principles
- Environmental factors
- Equipment requirements
- Practical assessments
- Strategy for implementation.
All delegates who successfully complete the course in full will be awarded a RoSPA DSE Assessors and Ergonomic Principles certificate.
||Call for dates
All prices are subject to VAT.
More and more organisations are now using an in-house approach to deliver training to their colleagues. RoSPA is one of the UK's main providers of in-company safety training and can deliver existing courses, adapt a course to meet your requirements or create a course specifically for you.
RoSPA can even carry out a training needs analysis and map out exactly what training your staff need at all levels within the business. You can view our full range of In-company Training courses by looking at our In-company Training page.
You may also be interested in: