IOSH Managing Safely Refresher
Refreshes your knowledge and builds on existing capabilities
What is the IOSH Managing Safely Refresher course?
IOSH Managing Safely Refresher is a practical classroom-based course that refreshes people’s knowledge and builds on their existing capabilities.
Why take the IOSH Managing Safely Refresher course?
30.7 million working days are lost due to work-related illness and workplace injury. By attending this course it will help your organisation have a safer workplace for your staff and visitors.
Upon completion of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Increase productivity as fewer hours will be lost due to sickness and accidents
- Improve company-wide safety awareness culture and appreciation of safety measures
- Improve active staff involvement to the workplace
- Enhance your reputation within the supply chain
Your organisation will also benefit by:
- Gaining peace of mind, knowing that your staff have had refresher training and are up to date with their safety and health knowledge
- Very little ‘downtime’ this one day course means little time away from the workplace
- Globally-recognised, respected and certificated training for your managers and supervisors
"The course was structured very well, was delivered at the right pace and the trainer quickly judged the needs and requirements of the whole course"
John Pearce - EH&S Manager, Northrop Grumman
Why study with RoSPA?
For over 100 years, we have been instrumental in every piece of UK safety legislation
We set the standard for safety professionals
Run by professional safety practitioners with excellent track records in training delivery
Real and practical benefits that delegates take back to their organisation
Who is the IOSH Managing Safely Refresher course for?
This one day course is for delegates who have already completed the IOSH Managing Safely (link to IOSH Managing Safely Course webpage). By attending this course delegates will be able to refresh their knowledge on the key parts of the original IOSH Managing Safely Course by relating them to plan-do-check-act.
A number of our delegates decide to take their learning to the next step and to gain a qualification in health and safety by attending the NEBOSH General Certificate (link to NEBSOH General Certificate webpage).
What does the IOSH Managing Safely Refresher course cover?
- Thinking back - Delegates reflect what was learnt on the IOSH Managing Safely course and revisit the key reasons for managing safely
- Leadership – Why is this important and how to create a positive safety culture
- Plan – Looks at a safety and health policy and what it includes as well as how to deliver the policy
- Do – Undertake a risk assessment exercise and think about the best way to communicate the findings to stakeholders
- Check – Looks at how data can be measured and how this helps in seeing what has been implemented and working
- Act – Looks at why reviewing performance, action on lessons learns and striving to improve continually is essential
How is the IOSH Managing Safely Refresher course assessed?
An interactive case study exercise is used throughout the course to apply refresher knowledge to the plan-do-check-act model, which then gets linked back to the workplace. Successful delegates receive a nationally-recognised IOSH Managing Safely Refresher certificate.
Where can I study the IOSH Managing Safely Refresher course?
We recognise that everyone is different, which is why we offer a choice of study routes. You can attend a course at one of our training centres or have the course delivered in your workplace.
Our training centres allow you to get away from the distractions of the workplace and focus on your qualification
If you can’t find time in your busy schedule to attend a classroom course, then studying the IOSH Managing Safely Refresher online is the answer
What does IOSH stand for?
Visit our IOSH FAQs to see your questions about IOSH answered.