Specialist Awards - Free to Enter
These free to enter awards recognise organisations that excel in specific areas of health and safety.
All entrants for these awards will be required to have completed an Achievement or Industry Sector Award submission to qualify for entry.
The RoSPA Health at Work Award
This trophy is presented to the UK-based entrant demonstrating the best management of Health at Work.
Entrants will be required to submit additional evidence to be considered for this award. The submission should highlight innovative work in particular and show:
“Winning a RoSPA award has helped us to substantiate our commitment to our health, safety and well-being whilst driving forward a continually improving positive culture.”
- Mark Popham, Director, Complete Asset Life Management Group
- Strategic vision for health in the organisation, with targets for achieving this:
- Access to specialist occupational health expertise
- Organisation of key roles, competence assurance and training – linked to key issues/risks
- Evidence based, corporate occupational health standards and targets, integrated as part of business plans
- Identification, assessment, prevention and control of health risks, prioritised and adapted to meet business and individual needs
- 'Wellness at work' (particularly mental health), attendance management and rehabilitation
- Communication of occupational health information, externally and internally
- Active monitoring of health, investigating health problems, implementing lessons learned
- Reviewing health performance, assessing progress, setting new targets/priorities and reporting on performance
- Specific activities which distinguish your organisation's approach to health and work, in particular any innovation.
The RoSPA Environmental Award
The RoSPA International Dilmun Environmental Award recognises excellence in environmental as well as health and safety management.
The way organisations manage environmental issues is a crucial measure of its standards of corporate social responsibility, competitiveness and vision. As more and more organisations accept the link between these, it is increasingly clear that, like health and safety, environmental concerns must be managed strategically and integrated at the very heart of management systems and decision-making.
Entrants will be required to compile a separate RoSPA International Dilmun Environmental Award submission, with supporting evidence.
Safe@Work, Safe@Home Trophy
Accidents in the home kill around 40 times more people than accidents in the workplace. With that in mind, RoSPA have teamed up with L’Oréal to create the Safe@Work, Safe@Home Award, designed to recognise companies who have demonstrated excellence and innovation in promoting safety outside of the workplace, in the home and in local communities.
The RoSPA Workforce Involvement in Safety & Health Trophy
This award is presented annually to the entrant that demonstrates the best consultation and involvement with its employees in developing and delivering its health and safety management.
The RoSPA Scotland Trophy
This trophy is presented annually to recognise the highest standard of health and safety management and performance by an Industry Sector Award entrant based in or operating in Scotland.
The Best New Entry Award
Compiling the comprehensive submission required for success in the RoSPA Health & Safety Awards entails a good deal of hard work. This award recognises the best entry from an organisation participating for the first time.
The RoSPA Inspiration Awards
Distinguished Service Award
The Distinguished Service Award is presented to safety professionals or campaigners who have made a long-term, sustained contribution to improving health and safety.
Health and Safety Team of the Year
There are great success stories of teamwork to be told from within our organisations. Tales of achievement against the odds, nurturing and development of employees, and passion for keeping others safe.
Health and Safety Initiative of the Year
Each year, RoSPA Awards assessors read about fascinating, industry leading, innovative solutions to health and safety management. They range from genuine firsts – not seen elsewhere in industry, to SMEs delivering outstanding projects that belie their size and resources.
Influencer of the Year
Awarded to those who have made the biggest impact in health and safety either at work or in the community in the past 12 months.
The Pride Award invites nominations to honour the stand-out efforts and achievements of individuals whose efforts have had a huge, potentially life-saving impact, far beyond their responsibilities.