Industry Sector Awards
The competitive Industry Sector Awards recognise the organisations that have demonstrated the best health and safety management performance within specific industry sectors.
In each sector there will normally be one overall winner. One or more organisations may also be 'commended' or 'highly commended'.
All other sector award entries are considered for an appropriate level of Achievement Award.
- Agriculture, Forestry & Fishing (New)
- Commercial and Business Services
- Construction Commercial (Sponsored by QBE Insurance Group)
- Construction Engineering
- Cultural Activities (New)
- Education & Training Services
- Electricity Industry
- Engineering Services
- Entertainment & Media (New)
- Facilities Management
- Food, Drink & Tobacco Manufacturing
- Healthcare Services
- Hotel & Catering
- Housebuilding & Property Development
- Information & Communication (New)
- International (Sponsored by airsweb)
- Manufacturing (Sponsored by QBE Insurance Group)
- National Defence
- Oil and Gas
- Professional & Technical Activities (New)
- Public Service & Local Government
- Research and Development
- Security Activities (New)
- Transport, Storage & Distribution (Sponsored by QBE Insurance Group)
- Waste Management & Recycling
- Wholesale & Retail (New)
The Sir George Earle Trophy
The Sir George Earle Trophy is the top award in the RoSPA Health & Safety Awards Scheme. It is awarded to the Industry Sector Award winner demonstrating the most outstanding performance in health and safety.
Three stand out Industry Sector Award entrants are shortlisted and invited to pitch to our esteemed judging panel. The judging panel also visit the organisations to see their safety management systems in action, and understand their culture through discussion with employees – from the shop-floor to the boardroom.
“…It’s great to be part of the wider efforts that go way beyond way compliance, and strive to prevent accidents in all aspects of people’s lives.”
- Mark Meakin, Head of Health and Safety Services at DMW Environmental Safety Ltd
- Answer the key performance questions as listed in the award category guide
- Provide accident, ill health and enforcement data
- Supply hyperlinked evidence to support your entry