Activity sheet answers
These activity sheets are designed to help you start safety conversations of varying depths, depending on your child's level of understanding.
We've jotted down some answers here, but you can find out lots more at www.rospa.com/keeping-kids-safe where you can also add your own tips and advice. If you have any questions please call Lifeline, our free family safety helpline on 0808 801 0822 as our trained advisers will be happy to assist you.
Hunt the hazard
There are lots of dangers in the kitchen. Here are some to talk about with your child:
- Kettle with hanging cord – scald
- Oven – burn
- Pot on stove with handle sticking out – burn
- Sharp knives – cut
- Water spill on floor – slip
- Open lower drawers – trip
- Bottle of bleach – poisoning
- Drawers – trapped finger
- Skateboard – trip
- Washing machine – injury risk from machine itself, and liquid laundry capsules
- Hot drink – scald
Spot the difference
The message for grown-ups is "When I'm in the bath, you need to be within arm's reach"
Most accidents happen in the home. Visit our website to find out more. www.rospa.com/keeping-kids-safe