Home Safety Consultancy
We are all entitled to feel safe and secure in our homes. Unfortunately home is also the place where accidents are most likely to occur which result in injuries requiring medical treatment.
Every year around 6,000 people die in accidents in the home and nearly three million attend accident and emergency departments seeking treatment. However, because these accidents happen behind closed doors in isolated incidents they rarely attract public and media attention. RoSPA is one of the few national voices speaking out on this issue. As well as campaigning for change we provide a large range of resources for individuals and professionals to inform and educate about keeping safe and preventing accidents in the home and garden.
RoSPA's Home Safety Department offers expertise in relating safety messages to the needs of the public health sector and the general public.
Consultancy is available in:
- Providing keynote speakers for conferences and seminars
- Advising on content of literature targeted at professional/parents/public
- Designing and delivering tailor-made training
- Expert consultancy on incorporating home safety information in a wide variety of publications.
- Government departments and agencies
- Local Authorities
- Third sector Organisations
- PR and advertising agencies
- Retail companies
Product Advice and Consumer Safety
RoSPA's Product Safety Adviser can help designers and manufacturers to meet their obligations requiring their products to be legally 'safe', thereby reducing their exposure to legal action. This is of great benefit to manufacturers of products for use in the home environment.