Diploma in Advanced Motorcycle Instructor Training
Supporting trainers to develop qualified motorcycle riders
What is motorcycle instructor training?
The course has been designed for individuals who wish to offer advanced, post-test training to motorcycle riders. The course aims to support potential trainers to develop the knowledge, skills and understanding required to develop qualified riders to the next level and prepare them to take an advanced riding test.
Why take motorcycle instructor training?
This 5 day motorcycle training course aims to support potential trainers to develop the knowledge, skills and understanding required to facilitate client centred learning; on-road and in the classroom.
Why study with RoSPA?
We set the standards for road and vehicle safety
Courses are delivered by experienced road safety professionals
Real and practical benefits that delegates take back to their organisation
Can be delivered at any site around the UK
Who is motorcycle instructor training for?
This motorcycle training course is DVSA Approved and is open to individuals who wish to apply to join the voluntary Enhanced Rider Scheme (ERS) and develop their ability to deliver training both in the classroom and on-road.
Delegates will be expected to prepare and deliver a short classroom training session as part of this course, which must be prepared prior to starting the course. Full details are provided in the joining instructions. You will also be required to complete a written test on The Highway Code and Roadcraft.
An awareness of coaching techniques will be beneficial. Delegates must be able to use a radio (provided by RoSPA), capable of 2-way communication throughout the course.
All delegates are required to hold a valid signed driving licence for the category of motorcycle they will be riding. Delegates must be current holders of at least one of the following
- RoSPA Advanced Riding Test – ‘Gold’
- Police Standard/ Advanced
- IAM F1RST/ Masters
- DVSA Extended Test
Please note: the course does not include any motorcycle training as delegates are expected to demonstrate a consistently high standard of advanced riding.
What does motorcycle instructor training cover?
During the motorcycle training course, participants will learn to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the factors that influence rider and driver behaviour
- Utilise a range facilitation skills to enhance the abilities of qualified motorcycle riders
- Demonstrate effective use of client centred learning techniques
- Discuss facilitators and barriers to learning
- Engage in feedback that encourages riders to self-assess their development needs and agree remedial actions
- Facilitate an interactive learning event, demonstrating effective classroom management skills
- Successfully complete assessments of their theoretical knowledge, riding skills and ability to coach qualified motorcycle riders
Where can I take motorcycle instructor training?
Our accredited training centres allow you to get away from the distractions of the workplace and focus on your qualification
We can visit your workplace and deliver the course at a time and place to suit you. This is an effective way of training several delegates at the same time, saving on time and travel costs