IOSH Managing Safely
Looking for a top-notch managing safely course?
Our IOSH Managing Safely training will give you a superb grounding in the practical actions you need to handle health and safety in your team. For your IOSH course certificate in managing safely, look no further than RoSPA.
- A flexible managing safely course: 24 hours study time over three or four days
- Upgrade to RoSPA's unique IOSH Managing Safely 'Plus' course including the Business Benefits Workshop
- No pre-requisites or prior health and safety knowledge required
- Aimed at managers and supervisors in all industries
- Venues all over the UK including: Birmingham, Edinburgh, Heathrow, Leeds, Cardiff and Warrington
- Price includes tuition, assessment fees, course materials, lunch and refreshments
- Assessed via multi-format questions and a practical risk assessment project
- No "death by PowerPoint": training is engaging and interactive
- Step-by-step guidance with a sharp business focus
- Our IOSH Managing Safely 'Plus' course gives candidates the ability to build a business case for health and safety
- Ideal stepping stone to professional NEBOSH courses
- IOSH Managing Safely certificate awarded to successful candidates
- Additional RoSPA certificate awarded to 'Plus' delegates
Also available to download: IOSH Managing Safety
Discounts are available for RoSPA Members.
IOSH Managing Safely course content
The course comprises eight modules:
- Introduction and overview
- Risk assessment
- Risk control
- Health and safety legislation
- Common hazards
- Investigating accidents and incidents
- Measuring performance
- Environmental protection
Assessments are designed to evaluate delegates' understanding of basic health and safety. Assessments include a 45-minute written paper consisting of 20 multi-format questions, plus a practical risk assessment project.
Successful delegates receive a nationally-recognised IOSH Managing Safely certificate.
We offer a range of study options, including our unique IOSH Managing Safely 'Plus' course.
Courses in other locations are run by our trusted partners, Astutis Limited, and as such RoSPA Member discounts are not applicable.
All prices are subject to VAT.
- For almost 100 years RoSPA has remained an instrumental force in every piece of UK safety legislation and continues to set the standard in training the next generation of health and safety professionals
- RoSPA's unique IOSH Managing Safely 'Plus' training enables delegates to prepare a solid business case for health and safety
- Venues across the UK mean there's easy access to our IOSH courses wherever you are
- We offer flexible options: study over three or four days, and add value with our optional Business Benefits workshop
- RoSPA also offers IOSH Online - our IOSH Managing Safely e-learning course
- We support those seeking a career in health and safety, offering an introduction to health and safety for beginners and the NEBOSH Certificate for those wanting to progress
- RoSPA offers a suite of IOSH courses, including an IOSH refresher course
- We also offer a range of NEBOSH courses, including the NEBOSH Certificate distance learning course
- Practically based expert tuition from our professional CMIOSH-qualified trainers, many of whom hold a City & Guilds teaching qualification
- Experience developing and delivering training courses means we understand what businesses really need from health and safety training
- Courses are run by professional safety practitioners with excellent track records in training delivery
- Custom training materials developed in-house to ensure quality and flexibility
- Written situations are brought to life through enjoyable practical exercises
- We are committed to continuous improvement, holding BS EN ISO9001:2000 certification in our training operation
Looking to make a business case for attending this IOSH Managing Safely training course?
Our training proposal template will save you time.
The IOSH Managing Safely course allows organisations to cut their costs without cutting corners or compromising on safety. If you need to make a business case for safety training, we've outlined the key reasons why this occupational safety course is good for business.
- If you think you can't afford safety training, you certainly can't afford an accident
- Qualified safety professionals are an asset to their organisations, reducing costs by preventing accidents and ill health of employees, without incurring unnecessary expense by over-reacting to trivial risks
- The RoSPA Business Benefits workshop equips delegates to prepare a compelling business case for health and safety
- Our 'Plus' course workshop is a catalyst for delegates to take real, practical action back in the workplace
- The IOSH Managing Safely course provides a good base of knowledge for those who may wish to move on to NEBOSH courses in the future
- Managing safely won't turn delegates into safety experts but it will enable them to meet - and exceed - their statutory requirements as managers
- Employees will gain a nationally recognised and respected certificate of training
- Designed and quality-controlled by the Chartered body for health and safety professionals
- It's a flexible option with a choice of durations and venues across the UK
- It's great value for money: two key areas – health and safety and environmental basics – are covered in a single programme
- The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) is the largest health and safety organisation in the world, and is the only Chartered body for health and safety professionals
- Build employee confidence in the safest standards of the working environment
- Build stakeholder confidence in health and safety best practice
- Ensure employee compliance with health and safety policies as well as legal requirements.
More and more organisations are now using an in-house approach to deliver training to their colleagues. RoSPA is one of the UK's main providers of in-company safety training and can deliver existing courses, adapt a course to meet your requirements or create a course specifically for you.
RoSPA can even carry out a training needs analysis and map out exactly what training your staff need at all levels within the business. You can view our full range of In-company Training courses by looking at our In-company Training page.
You may also be interested in: