NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work Qualification
Looking for basic safety training?
Get an introduction to health and safety with RoSPA: our NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work Qualification is the ideal place to start. In a nutshell, it's health and safety for beginners.
- The NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work Qualification is a basic safety training course offering a thorough introduction to health and safety principles and practices in the workplace
- With no prerequisites, this course is suitable for supervisors, team leaders, HR managers, facilities managers, those who work with young people and those interested in pursuing a career in health and safety
- A solid foundation for progression to the NEBOSH Certificate or the NEBOSH Construction Safety Certificate
- This introduction to health and safety is not country or industry-specific, so it's suitable for all types of business in any industry, operating anywhere in the world
- Our basic safety course is a great first step for those looking for a career in health and safety
- The three-day course is assessed via a multiple-choice exam and a practical risk assessment activity
- Course fees include assessment, course materials, lunch and refreshments
- With venues all over the UK, it's never been easier to undertake a course in health and safety for beginners
- On successful completion of the assessments, delegates receive a NEBOSH parchment
Also available to download: NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work
Discounts are available for RoSPA Members.
The course is divided into the following 10 units:
- The foundations of health and safety
- The responsibility for health and safety
- Health and safety risk assessment and control
- Hazards and control associated with work equipment
- Transport safety
- Hazards and control associated with electricity
- Fire safety
- Hazards and control associated with manual handling and repetitive movement
- Hazards and control associated with hazardous substances
- Hazards and control associated with the working environment
Assessment phase: multiple-choice examination and practical risk assessment.
All prices are subject to VAT.
- RoSPA has been instrumental in every piece of UK safety legislation for almost 100 years
- We set the standard for safety professionals
- Experience developing and delivering training courses means we know what businesses really need from health and safety training
- Assessment fees, refreshments and a buffet lunch are included
- Tuition is delivered by RoSPA's expert CMIOSH-qualified tutors, many of whom are NEBOSH examiners
- RoSPA offers a suite of NEBOSH courses for those who want to continue their professional development
- Our training provides real, practical benefits that delegates can put to use immediately on return to work
- We are committed to continuous improvement: our training operation is BS EN ISO9001:2000-certified
The NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work Qualification allows organisations to cut their costs without cutting corners or compromising on safety. If you need to make a business case for safety training, we've outlined the key reasons why this basic safety course is good for business.
- Can't afford safety training? Then you certainly can't afford an accident
- Introductory course provides an excellent foundation of knowledge ensuring employees understand the principles of risk control
- Employees' understanding of risk control will ultimately reduce the numbers of accidents and incidents, resulting in cost savings for the business
- It will benefit UK and international businesses seeking to implement a basic health and safety training programme as part of their workplace culture
- It is ideal for small and medium-sized enterprises, enabling them to meet their statutory requirements without breaking the budget
- Accredited and credit rated by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) and the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQA)
- Excellent foundation for progressing to professional NEBOSH courses
- RoSPA's flexible dates and venues mean that organisations can undertake the training at a time and place to suit their business requirements, increasing efficiency and reducing time away from the office
- Build employee confidence in the safest standards of the working environment
- Build stakeholder confidence in health and safety best practice
- Ensure employee compliance with health and safety policies as well as legal requirements.
More and more organisations are now using an in-house approach to deliver training to their colleagues. RoSPA is one of the UK's main providers of in-company safety training and can deliver existing courses, adapt a course to meet your requirements or create a course specifically for you.
RoSPA can even carry out a training needs analysis and map out exactly what training your staff need at all levels within the business. You can view our full range of In-company Training courses by looking at our In-company Training page.
You may also be interested in: