Looking for a great asbestos training course?
Look no further than RoSPA's asbestos awareness training course. It will tell you all you need to know about the UK's biggest workplace killer, and will help to ensure that your organisation understands the requirements of the Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations 2012.
- This one-day asbestos awareness training course is a good introduction to asbestos – the single biggest cause of work-related deaths in the UK
- Ideal for those working in building management, construction, facilities, and contracting
- Asbestos awareness training is also a good introduction for tradesmen and those working in contractor management
- Undertaking this course enables organisations to meet their legal requirements when it comes to managing the risks associated with asbestos
- It gives a good understanding of the requirements of the Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations 2012
- We run our asbestos training courses in Birmingham, County Down and London
- Also available in-company - our trainers will come to your premises and deliver a tailored course, enabling you to train more people at once, cost effectively
- Price includes all course materials, lunch and refreshments.
Discounts are available for RoSPA Members.
RoSPA's asbestos training course will help to ensure that your business complies with relevant legislation, including the Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations 2012. Topics covered include:
- Identifying asbestos: the 'hidden killer'
- Asbestos health risks
- Legislative requirements
- Dealing with asbestos
- Emergency procedures
- Practical asbestos risk assessments
There is no formal assessment for this course. Delegates who complete our asbestos awareness training successfully will receive a RoSPA certificate of training.
This one-day asbestos training course is also available as an in-company option. This enables you to train a number of employees easily and cost-effectively, and our trainers can tailor the course to your specific business requirements. Please call us on 0121 248 2233 for more details.
All prices are subject to VAT.
- For almost 100 years RoSPA has remained an instrumental force in every piece of UK safety legislation and continues to set the standard in training health and safety professionals
- RoSPA runs this asbestos awareness training course as an in-house option, enabling businesses to train more employees and tailor the course to their specific requirements
- RoSPA trainers have backgrounds in industry, giving them a deep understanding of legislation, including the Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations 2012
- Our suite of practical risk assessment training courses includes COSHH, DSE, fire risk assessment and Managing Occupational Road Risk (MORR) training
- We offer practically based expert tuition from our professional CMIOSH-qualified trainers, many of whom hold a City & Guilds teaching qualification
- We equip delegates with practical skills that they can put to good use as soon as they get back to work
- We support those seeking a career in health and safety, offering an introduction to health and safety for beginners and a suite of IOSH courses for those wanting to progress
- Experience in developing and delivering training courses means we understand what businesses really need from health and safety training
- Custom training materials are developed in-house to ensure quality and flexibility
- Written situations are brought to life through enjoyable practical exercises
- Discounts are available for RoSPA members
- We are committed to continuous improvement, holding BS EN ISO9001:2000 certification in our training operation
This asbestos training course allows organisations to cut their costs without cutting corners or compromising on safety. If you need to make a business case for safety training, we've outlined the key reasons why this occupational safety course is good for business.
- This course has been designed to help businesses to comply with legislation including the Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations 2012
- Asbestos is the single biggest cause of work-related deaths in the UK, costing businesses and the economy huge amounts of money every year
- If you're responsible for maintenance of non-domestic premises, you have a 'duty to manage' the asbestos in them, and to protect anyone using or working in the premises
- RoSPA's in-company option will bring this asbestos training course to you, enabling you to train more employees at once, saving time and money on travel and accommodation
- Our in-company asbestos course can be tailored to specific requirements, ensuring that everything delegates learn is relevant to your business needs
- Employees who attend this course will make positive contributions to the continuous improvement of health and safety at work
- Discounts are available for RoSPA members
- Delegates will return to work able to make practical improvements to workplace safety, with a knowledge of how to undertake practical asbestos risk assessments
- Build stakeholder confidence in health and safety best practice
- Ensure employee compliance with health and safety policies as well as legal requirements
- Qualified safety professionals are an asset to their organisations, reducing costs by preventing accidents and ill health of employees, without incurring unnecessary expense by over-reacting to trivial risks
More and more organisations are now using an in-house approach to deliver training to their colleagues. RoSPA is one of the UK's main providers of in-company safety training and can deliver existing courses, adapt a course to meet your requirements or create a course specifically for you.
RoSPA can even carry out a training needs analysis and map out exactly what training your staff need at all levels within the business. You can view our full range of In-company Training courses by looking at our In-company Training page.
You may also be interested in: