RoSPA’s Level 4 Award in Advanced Behavioural Driver Training (Diploma) enables delegates to enter the DVSA’s Fleet Register. It is ideal for anyone wishing to work as an advanced driving instructor, providing on-road and classroom training, either generally or in preparation for an advanced test.
By the end of the course, delegates should be able to:
- Facilitate an interactive learning event, demonstrating effective classroom management skills
- Show effective use of client centred learning techniques
- Successfully complete an examination of driving and coaching practice
- Demonstrate understanding of the factors that influence driver behaviour
- Prove the use of instructional commentary as a learning tool
- Complete an examination of their ability to coach qualified drivers on-road
A sound knowledge of 'Roadcraft', 'The Official Highway Code' and 'Coaching for Performance' (John Whitmore) is a course prerequisite.
- An awareness of coaching techniques will be beneficial
- To attend the course delegates must have achieved Gold standard in RoSPA’s Advanced Test within the last three years
- Before attending the course, delegates must complete some pre-course activities. Details of these will be sent in advance of the course
Also available to download: Level 4 Award in Advanced Behavioural Driver Training (Diploma)
Delegates should be aware that this Level 4 Award requires a deep level of commitment before, during and beyond the five days of the course. The pre-course activities are key to the on-road and classroom activities and there will be homework to complete on most evenings.
Discounts are available for RoSPA Members.