1. Do not be tempted to ride in T shirt, shorts and flip flops. If you come off and hit the road surface you will suffer serious skin loss.
2. Wear all the gear all the time!
3. Stay cool: Choose good riding gear with vents. Wear a close fitting wicking layer to conduct sweat.
4. Stay hydrated. Perhaps use a Camelbak.
5. Plan your route to avoid getting stuck in traffic jams.
6. Avoid sun dazzle. Use a helmet with a sun visor and a helmet with a moveable peak.
7. Beware of drivers who may be temporarily blinded by the sun.
8. Beware of melting tar, especially on bends and at junctions
9. Be patient in holiday traffic.
10. Be cool, ride safe.
Posted: 7/10/2018 3:25:11 PM