Risk Assessment Training
For risk assessment training from the experts, look no further!
Risk assessments are vital to protect your workers and your business. Helping you to focus on the risks that really matter, our risk assessment course will provide you with all the skills you need to comply with the law.
- Meet legal duties to carry out 'suitable and sufficient' risk assessments
- This one-day risk assessment training course puts the emphasis on practical exercises
- Delegates in any sector can undertake RoSPA training; risk assessments are not industry-specific
- Our course is suitable for anyone with responsibility for undertaking risk assessments, particularly line managers, supervisors and safety representatives
- This risk assessment training will help your business to comply with the law
- Delegates will receive a thorough grounding in risk assessments
- RoSPA training courses are held in Birmingham, Edinburgh and County Down
- This risk assessment training may also be undertaken on your premises, tailored to your business and using your own templates
- The course price includes all training materials, lunch and refreshments
- There is no formal assessment; delegates successfully completing the course will receive a certificate of RoSPA training.
Also available to download: Risk Assessment
Discounts are available for RoSPA Members.
RoSPA's risk assessment course will enable your business to comply with the legal requirement to carry our 'suitable and sufficient' assessments of the risk related to activities. The course covers:
- An introduction to risk assessment
- Legal requirements
- Objectives of risk assessments
- The five stages of risk assessment
- Practical exercises.
There is no formal assessment, but delegates must successfully complete the entire course, including the practical exercise to receive a RoSPA certificate of training.
This one-day risk assessment training course is also available as an in-company option. This enables you to train a number of employees easily and cost-effectively, and our trainers can use your own templates, tailoring the course to your specific business requirements.
All prices are subject to VAT.
- For almost 100 years RoSPA has remained an instrumental force in every piece of UK safety legislation and continues to set the standard in training health and safety professionals
- RoSPA runs this risk assessment training course as an in-house option, enabling businesses to train more employees and tailor training to specific requirements using their own templates
- We put the emphasis on practical exercises, equipping delegates with the skills to put what they've learned into practice immediately on their return to work
- Our commitment to 'sensible safety' means we can equip business to focus on what really matters: the risks that have real potential to cause harm
- Our suite of practical risk assessment training courses includes COSHH, DSE, fire risk assessment and Managing Occupational Road Risk (MORR™) training
- We offer practically based expert tuition from our professional CMIOSH qualified trainers, many of whom hold a City & Guilds teaching qualification and who carry out risk assessments and consultancy on a regular basis
- We support those seeking a career in health and safety, offering an introduction to health and safety for beginners, a suite of IOSH courses and the NEBOSH Certificate for those wanting to progress
- Experience developing and delivering training courses means we understand what businesses really need from health and safety training
- Custom training materials are developed in-house to ensure quality and flexibility
- Discounts are available for RoSPA members
- We are committed to continuous improvement, holding BS EN ISO9001:2000 certification in our training operation
The risk assessment training course allows organisations to cut their costs without cutting corners or compromising on safety. If you need to make a business case for safety training, we've outlined the key reasons why this occupational safety course is good for business.
- This course has been designed to help businesses to comply with legislation requiring business to protect people 'as far as is reasonably practicable'
- The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) estimates that the ratio between insured and uninsured costs arising from accidents lies in the range of 1:8 to 1:36. So in the worst case, for every £100 recovered from the insurer, the business loses about £3,600
- RoSPA's in-company option will bring this risk assessment training to you, enabling you to train more employees at once, saving time and money on travel and accommodation
- Our in-company course can be tailored to specific requirements, using your own templates and ensuring that everything delegates learn is relevant to your business needs
- Employees who attend this course will make positive practical contributions to the continuous improvement of health and safety at work every day
- Discounts are available for RoSPA members
- Build employee confidence in the safest standards of the working environment
- Delegates will return to work able to make practical improvements to workplace safety, with a knowledge of how to undertake practical risk assessments
- Build stakeholder confidence in health and safety best practice for your workforce, customers and suppliers
- Ensure employee compliance with health and safety policies as well as legal requirements
- Qualified safety professionals are an asset to their organisations, reducing costs by preventing accidents and ill health of employees, without incurring unnecessary expense by over-reacting to trivial risks
More and more organisations are now using an in-house approach to deliver training to their colleagues. RoSPA is one of the UK's main providers of in-company safety training and can deliver existing courses, adapt a course to meet your requirements or create a course specifically for you.
RoSPA can even carry out a training needs analysis and map out exactly what training your staff need at all levels within the business. You can view our full range of In-company Training courses by looking at our In-company Training page.
You may also be interested in: