Construction Design Management (CDM)
Guidance on planning and designing for health and safety within construction projects
What is CDM?
The Construction, Design and Management (CDM) Regulations 2015 are the main set of regulations for managing the health, safety and welfare of construction projects. CDM applies to all building and construction work and includes new build, demolition, refurbishment, extensions, conversions, repair and maintenance.
What is CDM training?
This one-day course provides delegates with an understanding of the new CDM regulations, offering guidance on planning and designing for health and safety within construction projects and the roles and responsibilities encompassed within the CDM regulations.
Who can do CDM training?
This course is intended for all those involved in projects covered by the current requirements of CDM, particularly those who will see a higher level of regulation under the amended regulations, e.g. Senior Managers/Directors in construction, site managers/supervisors and those working on domestic projects.
"The course was well presented and the trainer had detailed knowledge of the subject matter and its applications."
Projects Engineering Manager - Uninterruptible Power Supplies Ltd
Why study with RoSPA?
Use of academic and practical learning resources
Equipping you with practical skills to use at your workplace
Delivered by professional safety practitioners
What does the CDM course cover?
- Provide delegates with an understanding of the legal requirements of the CDM regulations
- A thorough understanding of the newly revised CDM regulations
- Details the importance of planning for and designing for integrated safety management within construction projects
- Enables delegates to recognise the consequences of not managing safety within construction and design activities
- Offers guidance on the roles and responsibilities of key duty holders, including clients, CDM co-ordinators, designers, principal contractors and sub-contractors
- To apply knowledge gained to a typical CDM project through workshop-based activity.
Where can I take CDM training?
We recognise that everyone is different, which is why we offer a choice of study routes. You can attend a course at our live virtual classrooms, at one of our training centres or have the course delivered in your workplace.
Live virtual classroom
Live interactive and engaging classes with break out, case studies and discussions. Find out more about our live virtual classroom courses.
If you can’t find time in your busy schedule to attend a classroom course, then studying the course online is the answer.
We can visit your workplace and deliver the course at a time and place to suit you. This is an effective way of training several delegates at the same time, saving on time and travel costs.
All images/photographs were produced prior to COVID-19.