Looking for COSHH training to keep your workplace safe?
Our chemical safety training course will equip your employees with an understanding of how substances can harm health. Study with RoSPA, and you'll be able to ensure that your business complies with regulations.
- This one-day Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) training course is suitable for employees in all industry sectors
- It covers the basics of identifying, measuring and controlling exposure to harmful substances
- Our practical COSHH course includes a detailed look at COSHH and Classification, Labelling and Packaging of Chemicals Regulations 2015 legislation
- This COSHH training is ideal for anyone with responsibility for storing, using, handling or transporting hazardous substances, particularly those involved with manufacturing, cleaning, healthcare, transport, utilities or offices
- There is no formal assessment; delegates who successfully complete the entire course receive a certificate of RoSPA training
- Our chemical safety training takes place in Birmingham and Edinburgh, and can be taken on your premises
- The course fee includes all course materials, lunch and refreshments
- This COSHH course is part of RoSPA's risk assessment suite of courses. Risk Assessment, Fire Risk Assessment, Management of Occupational Road Risk and DSE Assessors courses are also available.
Also available to download: Control of Substances Hazardous to Health
Discounts are available for RoSPA Members.
RoSPA's COSHH training course will help to ensure that your business complies with relevant legislation, including the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 (COSHH) and the Classification, Labelling and Packaging of Chemicals Regulations 2015.
Topics covered include:
- Forms of chemical and biological agents
- Classification of substances
- Routes of entry
- Health hazards of specific agents
- The role of COSHH
- Workplace exposure limits and other sources of information
- Control measures
- Surveys for health risks
- Environmental issues
- Practical COSHH risk assessments
There is no formal assessment for this course. Delegates who complete it successfully will receive a RoSPA certificate of training.
This one-day COSHH training course is also available as an in-company option. This enables you to train a number of employees easily and cost-effectively, and our trainers can tailor the course to your specific business requirements.
All prices are subject to VAT.
- For almost 100 years RoSPA has remained an instrumental force in every piece of UK safety legislation and continues to set the standard in training health and safety professionals
- RoSPA runs this chemical safety training course as an in-house option, enabling businesses to train more employees and tailor the course to their specific requirements
- Our suite of practical risk assessment training courses includes DSE, fire risk assessment and Managing Occupational Road Risk (MORR) training
- We offer practically based expert tuition from our professional CMIOSH-qualified trainers, many of whom hold a City & Guilds teaching qualification
- We equip delegates with practical skills that they can put to good use as soon as they get back to work
- We support those seeking a career in health and safety, offering an introduction to health and safety for beginners, a suite of IOSH courses and the NEBOSH Certificate for those wanting to progress
- Experience developing and delivering training courses means we understand what businesses really need from health and safety training
- Courses are run by professional safety practitioners with excellent track records
- Custom training materials are developed in-house to ensure quality and flexibility
- Written situations are brought to life through enjoyable practical exercises
- Discounts are available for RoSPA members
- We are committed to continuous improvement, holding BS EN ISO9001:2000 certification in our training operation.
The COSHH training course allows organisations to cut their costs without cutting corners or compromising on safety. If you need to make a business case for safety training, we've outlined the key reasons why this occupational safety course is good for business.
- This course has been designed to help businesses to comply with legislation including the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 (COSHH) and the Classification, Labelling and Packaging of Chemicals Regulations 2015
- The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) estimates that the ratio between insured and uninsured costs arising from accidents lies in the range of 1:8 to 1:36. So in the worst case, for every £100 recovered from the insurer, the business loses about £3,600
- RoSPA's in-company option will bring this chemical safety training course to you, enabling you to train more employees at once, saving time and money on travel and accommodation
- Our in-company COSHH course can be tailored to specific requirements, ensuring that everything delegates learn is relevant to your business needs
- Employees who attend this course will make positive contributions to the continuous improvement of health and safety at work
- Discounts are available for RoSPA members
- Delegates will return to work able to make practical improvements to workplace safety, with a knowledge of how to undertake practical COSHH risk assessments
- Build stakeholder confidence in health and safety best practice
- Ensure employee compliance with health and safety policies as well as legal requirements
- Qualified safety professionals are an asset to their organisations, reducing costs by preventing accidents and ill health of employees, without incurring unnecessary expense by over-reacting to trivial risks
More and more organisations are now using an in-house approach to deliver training to their colleagues. RoSPA is one of the UK's main providers of in-company safety training and can deliver existing courses, adapt a course to meet your requirements or create a course specifically for you.
RoSPA can even carry out a training needs analysis and map out exactly what training your staff need at all levels within the business. You can view our full range of In-company Training courses by looking at our In-company Training page.
Book in-company training online
You may also be interested in: