Director and Senior Manager Safety
Because the buck stops with you.
The introduction of the Corporate Manslaughter Act in 2007 means that failure to meet your director's responsibilities for health and safety could now result in imprisonment. As a director, safety falls within your remit, and the law will therefore hold you accountable for any failings.
Our one-day course teaches you everything you need to know about health and safety for directors and Senior Managers.
- A one-day course for directors, governors, trustees, officers and their equivalents in the private, public and voluntary sector
- Gain a clear understanding of director's and senior managers responsibilities for health and safety
- Get practical advice on driving forward health and safety strategy
- Delivered by high quality and experienced trainers
- Training is both interactive and thought provoking
- Outlines the core director safety actions required at board level
- Guidance on how to deliver the health and safety message
- Understand how to monitor and review health and safety issues
- Review of case studies – inputs, outputs and outcomes also included.
Also available to download: Director Involvement
Discounts are available for RoSPA Members.
RoSPA's Course is designed to provide you with a comprehensive understanding of senior management's role in agreeing and implementing health and safety strategy.
- AStrategic Approach
Director's safety role in agreeing and driving forward strategy. An opportunity to explore the benefits of a 'beyond compliance' approach.
- Core Actions at Board Level
Consideration of the essential principles of planning for health and safety, reflecting the importance of the topic as a corporate governance issue. Implications of Corporate Manslaughter and Homicide Act.
- Delivering the Message
Exploration of directors' and senior managers role in building health and safety into the organisation; adequate resources, access to competent advice, worker involvement at all levels.
- Monitoring and Review
Significance of adopting a practical approach to ensure health and safety issues are addressed competently and systematically.
- Inputs, Outputs and Outcomes
Review of case studies, where the health and safety equation has been balanced.
There is no formal assessment for this course. Delegates who successfully complete the director safety training in full will receive a RoSPA certificate of training.
This one-day director safety training course is also available as an in-company option. This enables you to train a number of employees easily and cost-effectively, and our trainers can tailor the course to your specific business requirements. Please call us on 0121 248 2233 for more details.
All prices are subject to VAT.
"RoSPA was able to ensure that training was bespoke for our needs, whilst maintaining the core objectives of directors' responsibilities in health and safety. The training was interactive and thought provoking and I would recommend RoSPA to other companies experiencing similar challenges."
Mark Twist, HSE Manager, David Webster Limited
- RoSPA has been an instrumental force in every piece of UK safety legislation for almost 100 years and continues to set the standard in training health and safety professionals
- Experienced, knowledgeable trainers who are experts in their field
- RoSPA qualifications are highly recognised and much sought after in the industry
- Discounts are available for RoSPA members
- We are committed to continuous improvement, holding BS EN ISO9001:2000 certification in our training operation
Our Director and Senior Manager safety course has been specifically designed to help senior managers understand their roles and responsibilities when it comes to the implantation of health and safety strategy. If you need to make a business case for safety training, we've outlined the key reasons why this occupational safety course is good for business.
- The maximum penalty is an unlimited fine and the court can additionally make a publicity order, requiring the organisation to publish the details of the conviction and fine – causing a permanent dent in your reputation.
- Protect your organisation's profits and reputation by ensuring you comply with current health and safety legislation.
- Learn how to cascade the health and safety message throughout your organisation.
- Target resource for maximum impact and effectiveness – vital in today's difficult economic climate.
- RoSPA's flexible dates and venues mean that organisations can undertake the training at a time and place to suit their business requirements, increasing efficiency and reducing time away from the office.
- Build employee confidence in the safest standards of the working environment.
- Build stakeholder confidence in health and safety best practice.
- Ensure employee compliance with health and safety policies as well as legal requirements.
More and more organisations are now using an in-house approach to deliver training to their colleagues. RoSPA is one of the UK's main providers of in-company safety training and can deliver existing courses, adapt a course to meet your requirements or create a course specifically for you.
RoSPA can even carry out a training needs analysis and map out exactly what training your staff need at all levels within the business. You can view our full range of In-company Training courses by looking at our In-company Training page.
You may also be interested in: