This ISO 14001 Internal Environmental Auditor course is ideal for anyone that wants to understand and apply principles and techniques for conducting effective environmental audits within their own organisation.
Delegates do not have to have any prior knowledge of Environmental Management Systems, auditing or environmental management experience.
The course is therefore suitable for anybody who wants to develop new skills and wants to formalise their knowledge/ability. If you are a manager and are in the process of implementing an environmental management system, then this course is suitable to help you successfully implement this system.
- Review of environmental issues
- Environmental management systems - ISO 14001
- Overview of environmental legislation
- Identifying effective assessment of environmental risks
- Types of environmental audit
- The roles and responsibilities of internal environmental auditors
- Audit principles and process
- Auditing part of an environmental management system to ISO 14001
- Planning the audit, including objectives, scope and criteria
- Practical audit skills, including checklist development
- Briefing and premises tour
- Conducting audit interviews, observing processes and examining documents to obtain objective evidence about the status of the environmental management system
- Determining nonconformities, allocation of major or minor criteria and proposed corrective and improvement actions
- Presentation of findings
- Preparation of factual and effective written audit reports
- Deciding upon appropriate follow-up
- Relationship of internal audits to management review and continual improvement
Delegates will be assessed by a written and practical assessment, once delegates have passed these assessments; they would be awarded an iAS Internal Auditor ISO 14001 certificate to recognise their achievement and a licence card containing their photograph.