First Aid at Work
Looking to gain first aid certification?
RoSPA now offers First Aid at Work – a Qualsafe accredited training course designed to provide designated First Aiders with essential skills that will enable them to gain First Aid at Work certification.
- First Aid at Work is a three day first aid course, providing the practical skills needed to become a confident first aider
- It is Qualsafe accredited, giving you the peace of mind that it meets the Health and Safety Executive's (HSE) due diligence requirements, as outlined in 'Selecting a First Aid Training Provider: A Guide for Employers' (PDF)
- It gives delegates both the ability and knowledge to deal with first aid emergencies in the workplace
- RoSPA issues Qualsafe accredited first aid certification to delegates upon completion
- This course is held at our West Midlands skills centre or can be delivered in your organisation
Related courses and reading
Discounts are available for RoSPA Members.
This Qualsafe accredited three day first aid training course will cover the role of the first aider in dealing with emergency situations and fulfil the role of workplace first aid representative. The training also covers the following areas:
- Managing an emergency
- Head injuries
- Communication and casualty care
- Health and safety (first aid) regulations
- Low blood sugar
- Bleeding (minor and severe)
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Resuscitation (adult CPR)
- Burns and scalds
- Seizures (adult)
- Chest pains
- Severe allergic reaction
- Choking (adult)
- Eye injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Unconscious casualty
Upon competition, delegates will receive a First Aid at Work certification that is valid for 3 years.
||Call for prices
||Call for prices
||Call for dates
All prices are subject to VAT.
- RoSPA offers a suite of First Aid courses for workplace first aid representatives
- It is a legal requirement for trained first aiders to be available in the workplace
- Following the HSE's decision to remove all approval and accreditation for First Aid at Work training, our courses are Qualsafe accredited
- Qualsafe approval ensures nationally recognised course quality, saving you time and money, as well as giving you peace of mind
More and more organisations are now using an in-house approach to deliver training to their colleagues. RoSPA is one of the UK's main providers of in-company safety training and can deliver existing courses, adapt a course to meet your requirements or create a course specifically for you.
RoSPA can even carry out a training needs analysis and map out exactly what training your staff need at all levels within the business. You can view our full range of In-company Training courses by looking at our In-company Training page.
You may also be interested in: