Legionnaires' disease is a potentially fatal form of pneumonia which can affect anybody, but which principally affects those who are susceptible to disease because of age, illness, immunosuppression, smoking etc. Organisations need to be sure that they meet the requirements of the revised Approved Code of Practice (ACOP) and guidance - Legionnaires' disease: the control of legionella bacteria in water systems.
Investing in safety training will help to ensure that the likelihood of an outbreak of Legionnaires' disease is very low.
Aims and objectives
The aim of this occupational health and safety training course is to develop delegates' awareness of legionella and how to control the risks.
By the end of the training session delegates should:
- Have knowledge of the key legislation in relation to the control of legionella
- Identify the health risks associated with legionellosis
- Understand how to manage legionella
- Understand the role of the responsible person
- Outline the requirements of L8 and how it links to organisational procedure.
Who is the course intended for?
The course is intended for those who work in building management, design and maintenance.
- HSE Guidance L8 "The Control of Legionella Bacteria in Water Systems"
- Review of own organisations control of legionella policy/procedure.
- What is legionella?
- Legislative controls
- L8 "The Control of Legionella Bacteria in Water Systems"
- Duty holders and responsibilities
- Risk management.
Qualification and certification
All delegates who successfully complete the course in full will be awarded the RoSPA Managing Legionella Certificate of Training.
Dates, Prices and Locations
||Call for prices
||Call for prices
||Call for dates
More and more organisations are now using an in-house approach to deliver training to their colleagues. RoSPA is one of the UK's main providers of in-company safety training and can deliver existing courses, adapt a course to meet your requirements or create a course specifically for you.
RoSPA can even carry out a training needs analysis and map out exactly what training your staff need at all levels within the business. You can view our full range of In-company Training courses by looking at our In-company Training page.
You may also be interested in: