This course is quality assured and awarded by RoSPA Qualifications as a Customised Award. Please note this course is not on the Ofqual register of qualifications.
What is the RoSPA Level 3 Award in ROSPA Advanced Driver Coaching?
This course in RoADAR Advanced Drivers Coaching comprising of 20 hours e-learning material followed by two and a half days of practical provides you with the knowledge and skills to deliver effective training to qualified drivers within the RoADAR community. Entry to this Award is limited to those holding a full valid driver’s licence for their vehicle, with the relevant categories, that covers them to drive in the UK; and a current RoSPA Advanced Test pass at Gold standard.
Why take an advanced driver coaching course?
In 2019, there were 1,752 people killed on the roads in Britain and 25,945 people seriously injured. Within the same year there was a total of 153,158 casualties of all severities in road traffic crashes.
On average, five people who are alive today in Great Britain will be dead tomorrow because of a road collision. Countless more are seriously injured.
If you drive a car for work or pleasure, it’s key to ensure you have the best training around to help avoid becoming a statistic. By taking our car coaching course you will develop the knowledge and skills required to coach qualified drivers to an advanced standard
Why study with RoSPA?
Develop your coaching skills in the classroom and on the road
Course are delivered by experienced car instructor professionals
What does the advanced drivers coaching course cover?
The driver coaching course covers a number of topics:
• Apply the principles of the Goals for Driver Education to develop driver skills and awareness
• Apply the ‘Roadcraft’ system of vehicle control (IPSGA) to coaching qualified drivers
• Demonstrate effective use of client centred techniques in driver training
• Apply different types of commentary as a teaching and learning tool during a coaching session
• Demonstrate a RoSPA standard drive in accordance with the RoSPA Advanced Driving Test Guidance
• Develop two reflective accounts and continuous professional development plans
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
• Facilitate coaching for qualified car drivers
• Help qualified drivers to develop their car handling skills and situational awareness in order to reduce the risk of being involved in a road traffic incident
• Support qualified car drivers to train for an advanced test, e.g. the RoSPA Advanced Driving Test
• Continue to develop your coaching skills, building on your experience during the course
• Demonstrate your commitment to your own Continuing Professional Development
The RoSPA Level 3 Award in Advanced Driver Coaching has been accredited as a Customised Award for RoSPA Fleet Services (RFS) by RoSPA Qualifications (RQ).
Learning outcomes have been benchmarked at Level 3 using Ofqual’s RQF level descriptors. This Award does not appear on the Ofqual register of qualifications. It is self-regulated by RoSPA Qualifications.
RoSPA Qualifications are an Awarding Organisation (AO) regulated by Ofqual and a separate business entity from RoSPA Fleet Services.