This course is quality assured and awarded by RoSPA Qualifications as a Customised Award. Please note this course is not on the Ofqual register of qualifications.
What is the RoSPA Level 3 Award in RoSPA Advanced Rider Coaching?
This course in RoADAR Advanced Riders Coaching comprising of 20 hours e-learning material followed by two and a half days of practical provides you with the knowledge and skills to deliver effective training to qualified motorcylists within the RoADAR community. Entry to this Award is limited to those holding a full valid driver’s licence for their vehicle, with the relevant categories, that covers them to ride in the UK; and a current RoSPA Advanced Test pass at Gold standard.
Why take an advanced rider coaching course?
According to the latest Department for Transport figures, in 2018, 354 motorcyclists died in crashes, meaning they accounted for one in five of all deaths on UK roads. Motorcyclists have the highest casualty rate per billion miles travelled than any road user group in the UK.
If you ride a motorbike for work or pleasure, it’s key to ensure you have the best training around to help avoid becoming a statistic. By taking our motorcycle coaching course you will develop the knowledge and skills required to coach qualified riders to an advanced standard
Develop your coaching skills in the classroom and on the road
Why study with RoSPA?
Courses are delivered by experienced motorcycle instructor professionals.
What does the advanced rider coaching course cover?
This motorcycle coaching course covers a number of topics:
• Apply the principles of the Goals for Driver Education to develop rider skills and awareness
• Apply the ‘Motorcycle Roadcraft’ system of vehicle control (IPSGA) to coaching qualified riders
• Demonstrate effective use of client centred techniques in rider training
• Apply different types of commentary as a teaching and learning tool during a coaching session
• Demonstrate a RoSPA standard ride, in accordance with the RoSPA Advanced Riding Test Guidance
• Develop two reflective accounts and continuous professional development plans
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
• Facilitate coaching for qualified motorcycle riders
• Help qualified riders to develop their bike handling skills and situational awareness in order to reduce the risk of being involved in a road traffic incident
• Support qualified motorcycle riders to train for an advanced test, e.g. the RoSPA Advanced Riding Test
• Continue to develop your coaching skills, building on your experience during the course
• Demonstrate your commitment to your own Continuing Professional Development
The RoSPA Level 3 Award in RoSPA Advanced Rider Coaching has been accredited as a Customised Award for RoSPA Fleet Services (RFS) by RoSPA Qualifications (RQ).
Learning outcomes have been benchmarked at Level 3 using Ofqual’s RQF level descriptors. This Award does not appear on the Ofqual register of qualifications. It is self-regulated by RoSPA Qualifications.
RoSPA Qualifications are an Awarding Organisation (AO) regulated by Ofqual and a separate business entity from RoSPA Fleet Services.