Awards Excellence Forum
Each entrant into the RoSPA Health and Safety Awards has full access to The Awards Excellence Forum - a network of likeminded award entrants offering support and sharing advice that can help with not only your award entry – but also your safety management systems and career.
What goes on in the Awards Excellence Forum?
- Regular regional events – exclusive to RoSPA Award entrants – that provide a chance to network with other RoSPA Award winners. Our last event took place in London, at the Churchill War Rooms
- Events are hosted by an independent chair from within the Awards community
- Hear presentations from different organisations. With different stages in Awards/safety journeys represented, there are always things to learn
- Chat and make connections with other people in your industry for free
- Help form RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Policy, and the future direction of the Awards.
As an Awards Excellence Forum attendee, you can:
- Get advice direct from RoSPA and other winning organisations to help improve your Award submission
- Learn how you can improve your organisation’s health and safety systems and culture from others across different industries
- Develop your own career. The forum is currently promoting mentoring opportunities, so it’s an ideal place to seek a mentor to help you learn, or to offer your help as a mentor for someone at an different stage of their career.
These benefits are exclusive to RoSPA Award entrants. Any current RoSPA Award entrant can access the Forum. New to the RoSPA Awards? Register online.
For more information on the Awards Excellence Forum or mentoring opportunities with other Award winners, contact the awards team on 0121 248 2091 or [email protected].
RoSPA’s award winners are companies that seek to achieve excellence in health and safety performance, and they represent a considerable reservoir of commitment and expertise - which can be channelled to help raise standards and awareness in workplaces throughout the global health and safety community.
History of the forum
Since 2005 RoSPA Award winners have worked together through the RoSPA Scottish Higher Performer's Forum to assist in the delivery of higher standards of workplace health and safety in Scotland.
This forum has been an extremely successful opportunity for RoSPA Award winners in Scotland – who have benefitted from making connections, sharing knowledge – and even influencing policy.
Fast-forward to 2015 the RoSPA National Occupational Health and Safety Committee considered the value of extending this initiative across the RoSPA Award Winners network to offer this opportunity to share and influence globally, and launched the Awards Excellence Forum in April 2016 as one of RoSPA's contributions to the HSE strategy #HelpingGB work well.
This wider-reaching Awards Excellence Forum has already held a number of successful regional events, with winners meeting face to face and sharing their stories and ideas.