What is the IOSH Managing Safely Refresher course?
IOSH Managing Safely Refresher is an online course that refreshes people’s knowledge and builds on their existing capabilities.
Why take the IOSH Managing Safely Refresher course?
30.7 million working days are lost due to work-related illness and workplace injury. By completing this qualification, it will help your organisation have a safer workplace for your staff and visitors..
Upon completion of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Increase productivity as fewer hours will be lost due to sickness and accidents
- Improve company-wide safety awareness culture and appreciation of safety measures
- Improve active staff involvement to the workplace
- Enhance your reputation within the supply chain
Your organisation will also benefit by:
- Gaining peace of mind, knowing that your staff have had refresher training and are up to date with their safety and health knowledge
- Very little ‘downtime’ this flexible e-learning course means little time away from the workplace
- Globally-recognised, respected and certificated training for your managers and supervisors
"The course was structured very well, was delivered at the right pace and the trainer quickly judged the needs and requirements of the whole course"
John Pearce - EH&S Manager, Northrop Grumman
Why study with RoSPA?
For over 100 years, we have been instrumental in every piece of UK safety legislation
We set the standard for safety professionals
Run by professional safety practitioners with excellent track records in training delivery
Flexible eLearning that means little time away from the workplace
Who is the IOSH Managing Safely Refresher course for?
This online course is for those that have already completed the IOSH Managing Safely and wish to refresh their knowledge on the key parts of the original IOSH Managing Safely course by relating them to plan-do-check-act.
A number of our delegates decide to take their learning to the next step and to gain a qualification in health and safety by attending the NEBOSH General Certificate.
N.B. Learners will need their IOSH Managing Safely certificate number to be able to complete the course.
What does the IOSH Managing Safely Refresher course cover?
- Thinking back - Delegates reflect on what was learnt on the IOSH Managing Safely course and revisit the key reasons for managing safely
- Leadership – Why is this important and how to create a positive safety culture
- Plan – Looks at a safety and health policy and what it includes as well as how to deliver the policy
- Do – Undertake a risk assessment exercise and think about the best way to communicate the findings to stakeholders
- Check – Looks at how data can be measured and how this helps in seeing what has been implemented and what is working
- Act – Looks at why reviewing performance, action on lessons learned and striving to improve continually is essential
How is the IOSH Managing Safely Refresher course assessed?
There is a multiple-choice exam to check learners’ knowledge and successful delegates receive a nationally recognised IOSH Managing Safely Refresher Certificate.. Successful delegates receive a nationally-recognised IOSH Managing Safely Refresher Certificate.
What does IOSH stand for?
Visit our IOSH FAQs to see your questions about IOSH answered.