RoSPA Level 4 Award in Practical Skills in Safer People Handling (Customised Award)
Working within healthcare and social care settings often involves moving, lifting, or handling the people in your care. However, one thing we know is that knowledge fades over time. Most of us need a review of important concepts from time to time. And this is where our new Level 4 course come into play. It’s designed to bring safer people handling trainers right back up-to-date, so that they can review some of the fundamentals they may have forgotten, and learn some new techniques they may not be aware of.
What is the Level 4 Award in Practical Skills for Safer People Handling course?
This course aims to provide those who have already completed the Level 3 Safer People Handling Trainers course (or equivalent) with latest knowledge and up-to-date skills to evaluate risk, analyse body posture and apply the efficient movement principles to a range of safer people handling situations.
Why study with RoSPA?
A principle led approach to people handling
Gain a qualification in moving and handling people
Real and practical benefits that delegates take back to your organisation
Flexible study options to suit your needs
What does the Level 4 Practical Skills in Safer People Handling course cover?
- Health and safety legislation and Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992
- Dynamic risk assessments
- Evaluating body posture
- Application of efficient movement principles when sitting, standing and walking
- Use of equipment to assist a person to sit and stand
- Application of efficient movement principles when assisting a person to move within a bed
- Application of efficient movement principles during lateral and seated transfers
- Fitting slings and using a passive hoist.
How is the Level 4 Practical Skills in Safer People Handling course assessed?
This course has the following assessments that must be completed:
- A written assignment based around controversial practice.
- A Rapid Entire Body Assessment (REBA assessment) form based on controversial handling methods.
- Observation of practical demonstrations within the learning environment.
- Professional Discussions based around each learner’s clinical practice/workplace.
Who should attend?
This course is for learners currently working within a health and social care environment who have completed a Level 3 Qualification in Safer People Handling training within the last four years, although our recommendation would be to do this course within two years of taking the Level 3. Your Level 3 certification will be checked prior to starting the course.
How often should moving and handling training be updated?
There is no set requirement, however the HSE recommends that moving and handling refresher courses are undertaken annually and provided at intervals of no more than every three years.
Will I get a certificate for this course?
- All learners who successfully complete the course will be awarded a certificate from RoSPA Qualifications.
This course is quality assured and regulated by RoSPA Qualifications as a Customised Award. Please note this course is not on the Ofqual register of qualifications.
Other courses you may be interested in
RoSPA Level 3 Award for Safer People Handling Trainers
This train the trainer course helps minimise the incidence of MSDs and provides delegates with the skills to deliver bespoke, effective safer people handling training within their organisation