This course is quality assured and awarded by RoSPA Qualifications as a Customised Award. Please note this course is not on the Ofqual register of qualifications.
Become an advanced motorcycle trainer and gain access to the DVSA Enhanced Rider Scheme
What is the RoSPA Level 3 Award in Advanced Motorcycle Instructor Training Course?
This five-day RoSPA Level 3 Award in Advanced Motorcycle Instructor Training course provides you with the knowledge, skills and experience required to deliver effective training to other qualified motorcyclists. You must hold a gold in RoSPA’s advanced test to be able to attend this course, if you haven't got this status find out more by visiting our Advanced Test.
This DVSA-approved course provides you with a coaching qualification to become a qualified motorcycle instructor, and will allow you to apply for entry to the DVSA Enhanced Rider Scheme.
Why take a motorcycle trainer course?
According to the latest Department for Transport figures, in 2018, 354 motorcyclists died in crashes, meaning they accounted for one in five of all deaths on UK roads. Motorcyclists have the highest casualty rate per billion miles travelled than any road user group in the UK.
If you ride a motorbike for work or pleasure, it’s key to ensure you have the best training around to help avoid becoming a statistic. By taking our motorcycle trainer course, you will gain a coaching qualification which will develop and enhance your skills in the classroom and on the road, so you can help reduce the shocking rate of fatalities and improve other riders’ own skills.
Why study with RoSPA?
The only coaching qualification of its sort that is approved by the DVSA
An easy and simple route to gain access to the DVSA Enhanced Rider Scheme
Develop your coaching skills in the classroom and on the road
Courses are delivered by experienced motorcycle instructor professionals.
What does the advanced motorcycle trainer course cover?
This motorcycle train the trainer course covers a number of topics:
- Rider behaviour and the goals for rider education
- Pre-ride checks/fit to ride
- Initial on-road assessment of riding skills
- Adult learning and facilitation techniques
- Coaching and client-centred learning
- Practical application of trainer coaching skills on the road.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Facilitate training for qualified motorcycle riders
- Help qualified riders to develop their bike handling skills and situational awareness in order to reduce the risk of being involved in a road traffic incident
- Support qualified motorcycle riders to train for an advanced test, e.g. the RoSPA Advanced Riding Test
- Continue to develop your coaching skills, building on your experience during the course
- Demonstrate your commitment to your own Continuing Professional Development
- Meet the requirements for entry into the DVSA Enhanced Rider Scheme.