This course is quality assured and awarded by RoSPA Qualifications as a Customised Award. Please note this course is not on the Ofqual register of qualifications.
What is the Level 2 Award in Advanced Riding?
This four day Level 2 Award in Advanced Riding course aims to help qualified riders to develop their skills to an advanced level, which in turn can reduce their risk of being involved in an accident or incident on the road.
The course provides a recognised qualification for individuals to demonstrate that they have met a specified level of competence. The Advanced Riding course is also ideal for those who wish to develop their skills in preparation for the RoSPA Advanced Riding Test, although the test is not included in this qualification and will need to be booked separately.
Why take the Level 2 Award in Advanced Riding?
Motorcyclists are more vulnerable on the road and statistically much more like to suffer a fatal injury than car drivers. Sadly, most accidents are as a result of rider error.
Riding a motorcycle requires a different combination of mental and physical skills to driving a car. The Advanced Riding course will provide you with the specialist riding skills and techniques to give you better control of your machine and road environment, providing peace of mind in situations we have no control over such as the weather.
Ultimately, by developing intuitive riding skills that help keep you safe in all conditions, it will help to reduce your risk of accident or injury on the road.
Why study with RoSPA?
We set the standards for road and vehicle safety
Courses are delivered by experienced fleet safety professionals
Develop your drivers’ knowledge and skills on the road
Can be delivered at any site around the UK
What will I learn on the Level 2 Award in Advanced Riding?
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Apply the ‘Information, Position, Speed, Gear, Accelerate’ (IPSGA) system of vehicle control to the task of riding a motorcycle
- Demonstrate responsibility for the safety of self and others whilst riding a motorcycle
- Apply traffic laws and procedures to the task of riding a motorcycle
- Identify the effects of human factors on the use of IPSGA when riding
- Demonstrate the advanced riding skills required to undertake the RoSPA Advanced Test.
Who is it for?
The course is suitable for all riders, and is ideal for anyone preparing for the RoSPA Advanced Motorcycle Test.
Where can I take the Level 2 Award in Advanced Riding?
This four-day on-road course is delivered at clients' premises, or at a mutually convenient location.
- Participants will need to provide their own motorcycle for the course – fully insured for training purposes, roadworthy and legal
- Participants will need to provide their own Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).