IOSH Managing Safely
Providing you with an understanding of your safety and health responsibilities
What is the IOSH Managing Safely course?
The IOSH Managing Safely course provides a superb grounding to anyone who works in any industry, who wants to learn the basics of health and safety. This market-leading health and safety course is tried, tested and trusted.
Why take the IOSH Managing Safely course?
581,000 working people sustained an injury at work last year according to the Labour Force Survey. Attending this course will help you improve the safety awareness culture in your organisation, see your productivity increase and enhance your reputation within your supply chain, embedding safety and health across the whole organisation.
Upon completion of the course, learners will:
- Gain greater productivity as less hours will be lost to sickness and accidents
- Improve their organisation’s safety awareness culture and appreciation of safety measures
- Get staff actively involved to improve the workplace
- Receive a certificate which is internationally recognised, and will enhance your organisation’s reputation within the supply chain
Your organisation will also benefit from:
- Peace of mind from training that’s designed and quality-controlled by IOSH professionals
- Flexibility – the programme can be delivered flexibly so that it suits your business
- Efficient and effective learning – health, safety and environmental basics are covered in a single course
- Globally-recognised, respected and certificated training for your managers and supervisors
"The course was structured very well, was delivered at the right pace and the trainer quickly judged the needs and requirements of the whole course"
John Pearce - EH&S Manager, Northrop Grumman
Why study with RoSPA?
We set the standard for safety professionals
Run by professional safety practitioners with excellent track records in training delivery
Real and practical benefits that delegates take back to their organisation
Flexible study options to suit your needs
Who is the IOSH Managing Safely course for?
This course is designed for line managers or anyone who requires a broad-based knowledge of health and safety and safe systems of work, in any sector, worldwide.
What does the IOSH Managing Safely course cover?
- Assessing risks
- Controlling risks
- Understanding responsibilities
- Understanding hazards
- Investigating incidents
- Measuring performance
How is the IOSH Managing Safely course assessed?
The assessment is designed to evaluate delegates' understanding of basic health and safety. The assessment includes a 45-minute written paper consisting of 20 multi-format questions, plus a practical risk assessment project. Successful delegates receive a nationally-recognised IOSH Managing Safely certificate.
Where can I study the IOSH Managing Safely course?
We recognise that everyone is different, which is why we offer a choice of study routes. You can attend a course at one of our training centres, have the course delivered in your workplace, or start studying immediately by taking the course online.
Our training centres allow you to get away from the distractions of the workplace and focus on your qualification
If you can’t find time in your busy schedule to attend a classroom course, then studying the IOSH Managing Safely course online is the answer
We can visit your workplace and deliver the course at a time and place to suit you. This is an effective way of training several delegates at the same time, saving on time and travel costs
What does IOSH stand for?
Visit our IOSH FAQs to see your questions about IOSH answered.